twentysix

Today we decided to take Layla to Disney World. We hadn't told her yet as we wanted it to be a surprise.

I dressed her in her white t-shirt with Mickey Mouse faces on it along with her denim pinafore and converse.

'Okay Lays, you ready to go out?' I asked her.

She nodded before asking, 'Mama where are we going today?'

'Oh that's a surprise that me and Brad have for you since you've been such a good girl.' I told her causing her to pout.

'I promise you that you'll love it.' Brad said as him and her wrapped their pinkies around each other.

The three of us hopped in the car, Brad's family decided to just have a chill day at the pool.

They came along for the last 10 days of the holiday.

Along the way we put on Disney songs to see if she would click onto where we were going.

As we got closer and more and more signs were appearing with Disney characters on them.

'Look mama!' She gasped.

'Guess where we're going.' I teased as she looked out the window for clues.

'We're going to Disney World!' Brad exclaimed from the drivers seat.

Layla's expression changed to surprised as she began shouting in excitement.

As we parked and got out of the car I could see she was dying to run off but she held Brad's hand tightly.

'Do you want a pair of Mickey Mouse ears?' He asked her as he pointed to the shop selling them.

'Pwease.' She smiled up at him.

'Come on lets go.' I told her as I took ahold of her other hand.

'Mama, Wad you getting some?' She asked as we looked at the range of colours.

'Yes sweetie.' I told her as the three of us picked our ears.

Layla got a pink and white pair as I got a rose gold pair and Brad went for the classic red and white pair.

Brad had on a black cap so he put his on top of his hat.

As we carried on walking we came to the castle, catching Layla in amazement.

'Wow Mama look!' She said as she pulled on my hand.

'Do you want your photo in front of it?' Brad asked her as she nodded. 

'Excuse me could you take a photo of us please?' I asked a woman walking by.

'Of course love.' She beamed.

Brad lifted Layla and held her beside us as the three of us smiled for the camera along with our Mickey Mouse ears.

As the woman finishing taking photos she handed me my phone back.

'You have a beautiful family darling.' She smiled.

'Thank you.' I replied; my heart warm at the compliment.

'Do you want to go and meet Micky and Minnie Mouse?' Brad asked Layla as she nodded in excitement.

We joined the queue to get photos with them. Layla clung to Brad as she didn't like big crowds.

'Come along.' A member of staff greeted us and led us to the room where Mickey and Minnie were.

Layla ran towards the characters and hugged them.