twelve

After our day out in Sheffield we got back home and had a movie night at Brad's.

This morning my mum was bringing Layla back over.

I couldn't wait to see her. It was Sunday morning and I hadn't seen her since Friday night.

Since she was born we hadn't been away from each other for more than a few hours, never mind for 2 nights.

As me and Brad were eating breakfast my phone began to ring. I checked to see it was my mum.

'Hello.' I answered.

'Hello sweetie, I'm outside your apartment.' She told me.

'I'm in Brad's, I'll come out now.' I told her before hanging up.

I opened the door and there stood my mum with Layla just down the hall a bit.

'Hi baby.' I cooed as I put my arms out for her.

A smile stretched across her face as she let out and excited scream before holding her hands out to come to me.

'I missed you.' I whispered as I rubbed my nose against her cheek.

'I'll call round and see you tomorrow love, I've got to run to work here.' My mum said before she kissed us both goodbye. 'Tell Brad I said hello.' She said before dashing off.

'Will we go see Brad?' I said as we walked back to his.

'Huh look who it is.' I gasped as I pointed in his direction.

She began clapping her hands and smiling.

'Hello.' He cooed as he ran over and kissed her head.

'Want a nana?' I asked her as she clapped her hands again.

Brad grabbed a banana for her as we sat down to finish our breakfast.

After we finished breakfast Brad asked if we wanted to watch the Lion King, I think he was using Layla as an excuse so he could watch it himself.

We snuggled up on the sofa with blankets around us as all 3 of us watched the movie intensively.

'Mama.' We heard a croak.

I bounced up and looked at Brad. He already wore the same surprised look on his face.

'Did she just?' I asked in shock.

'She did!' He exclaimed.

'Oh my gorgeous girl.' I said as I lifted her and peppered her in kisses.

'Mama.' She spoke again as Brad cheered her. 'Mama.' She said again, loving the sound of her voice.

'Brad quick, grab my phone!' I said quickly as he rushed to grab it.

'Fuck!' He cursed as he hit his toe on the table.

'Fuk.' Layla said as she clapped her hands, laughing.

'No Layla, bad word.' I warned her as I gave Brad a glare.

He was now videoing, finding the situation hilarious.

'Fuk.' She said again.

'I'm going to kill you.' I nipped him as he sat beside him.

'Ouch!' He exclaimed. 'I did warn you though.' He said with a smirk, referring to our conversation in the car.

'Mama.' Layla said with a giggle again.

'I can tell you're going to be a talker.' I laughed as I stuck my tongue out at her.

'I can't believe how big she's gotten since I first met you.' Brad pipped up from beside me.

'It feels like you've been here from the start.' I told him truthfully.

'I wish I was.' He sighed as he kissed my forehead.

His arm pulled me closer as Layla sat next to us, playing with her bear that Brad had bought for her.

'Do you want to go to the park with her? Then maybe grab some lunch?' He asked as we sat in silence, watching my daughter.

'Yeah, I'll nip over to get us both ready.' I said, standing up and grabbing Layla and my stuff. 'I'll see you in around an hour and a half?'

He nodded before kissing my lips quickly. he then kissed Layla's head.

'See you soon.' He said as he waved to her, her copying his actions.

Once I was dressed and had finished my makeup I lifted Layla from her nap and began to get her ready.

I put her an outfit which Brad had bought for her last week.

It was a pair of leggings with a white floral top and a yellow denim jacket.

He was constantly buying things for her he seen when out shopping. He spoilt her rotten.

'Say cheese for mama.' I said as I tried to take a photo of her.

'Mama.' She chirped as I took the photo.

'I love you baby.' I said as I pulled her in for a hug, cradling her in my arms, not even wanting to let go. 'So much.'

'Will we go to the park with Brad?' I asked her as she clapped her hands happily.

I sent him a text letting him know that we were ready. He replied saying that he would be over in a minute.

I checked through the bag, making sure I had nappies, wipes, dummies etc for Layla.

As I threw her bear into my bag I heard the knock at the door, assuming it was Brad I opened it.

He stood with a grin on his face. 'Missed me?'

'Oh yeah so much, was almost in tears then.' I replied sarcastically.

He put his arms out and pulled me into a bear hug, peppering my face in kisses.

'Oh you missed me sooo much.' He joked as he continued to kiss me.

'Mama.' Layla shouted from her mat on the floor.

'What are you shouting about missy?' I said as I walked towards her.

We both sat down next to her on the mat. Brad took her and stood her up, holding her.

'She's getting more like you everyday you know.' He said as he held her up.

'Thank god she's not like him.' I laughed sourly. His face turned to look more upset at the mention of him.

'I'm over it, she's got all the people she needs, we both have.' I said shrugging.

'My family want you both round for dinner again, they want you to stay over too.' He told me.

'Are they sure?' I asked, unsure if I wanted to intrude.

'Of course. I was on the phone to my mum earlier and it's all she went on about.' He chuckled.

'Okay then, tell them I'd love to.' I smiled at him as he mirrored mine.

'Shall we get going then?' He asked after a while.

I nodded and stood up, lifting my bag as he carried Layla to my car.

As we were all in the car with our seatbelts on Brad shouted. 'Let's go to the park!'

This caused Layla to laugh and clap her hands, oh boy they're just as bad as each other.

The journey was filled with Brad trying to get Layla to say the most random words he could think of.

'Fuk.' She shouted again from her seat.

'No Layla bad word!' I said trying not to laugh as Brad sat laughing away and videoing it as she kept repeating herself.