thirtyone

Ellie's POV

I was now almost 5 months pregnant. By now everyone knew; there was no hiding it considering I had a bump.

Brad had been amazing throughout the whole pregnancy; I wish I had him around during my first pregnancy.

Layla had turned three and I'm still in shock of how old she is getting.

Today was a normal work day; teaching children about business.

I enjoyed teaching the older kids as I grew to have a stronger bond with them through seeing them for a load of hours during the week.

They were all gutted to hear I was going to be off for maternity leave but happy that I was pregnant.

Today was the last day before we finished for Christmas break; not many students came in today meaning most periods I had classes of only a few.

Period 5 came around and my year 13 class came in and there was only 4 of them in. 

They all sat up at the front desk and began to talk to me.

'Miss do you know if you're having a boy or a girl?' One asked.

'No, we want it to be a surprise.' I told them causing them all to smile.

'What would you like?' Another asked.

'I don't really mind, I've got a girl so it would be nice to have a boy. But whatever we have we will be happy with.' I said.

Just as that my phone began to ring; it was Brad.

He was out trying to find the last few things to fill Layla Christmas requests.

'Sorry girls I need to take this a second.' I excused myself and nodded as they talked amongst themselves.

'Hello.' I answered.

'Hello, I can't find the Disney dolls she wants.' He rushed his sentence.

'If you can't it's alright; don't be worrying too much about it. Did you get the Elsa outfit?' I asked.

'Yep, I've got everything apart from the dolls.' He told me.

'I'll have a look and see if I can order them with Amazon Prime and get them before Christmas.' I reassured him.

'Okay, am I picking you up at half three today?' He asked.

'Yeah please.' I said.

'Well I'm just in the car now to go get Lays so I'll see you later.' He informed me.

'Okay see you later, I love you.' I said.

'Bye, I love you too.' He said before hanging up.

I went back over to my desk to find the girls still talking.

In all honestly I couldn't wait for this day to end to get home and spend the holiday with Brad and Layla.

We also have our last scan tomorrow which we were both excited about as to see our baby again.

Seeing as it was the last one we wanted to bring Layla along so that she could see what we see.

The classes came and went over the course of the day as well as lunch.