eightteen

After we finished breakfast we headed back to my parents.

Brad had walked to the gym from his parents house as it was just around the corner.

Him and Layla sat in the back, talking away to one another as she showed him 2 of the toys she had brought with her.

'Sleepover toniwght?' She asked him with a pout.

'You have to ask mummy.' He told her.

'Mama.' She chirped.

'Yes sweetie.' I said, pretending I hadn't heard the conversation between the two.

'Can Wad have a sleepover?' She asked cutely.

'Hmm we'll have to see, if he is a good boy then yes.' I said smirking to Brad through the mirror.

He gave me the look before saying, 'I'll try my best.' He looked to Layla and smiled.

Once we arrived back at my parents Brad lifted Layla out of her seat and me and Sophia made our way to the door.

'Oh Bradley!' My mum fussed as he walked through the living room door. 'It's lovely to see you, Merry Christmas!'

He chuckled, 'It's lovely to see you too, hope you had a lovely Christmas.' He said as she hugged him.

'I did, I did. The two of them missed you.' She tried to whisper the last part earning a glare from me.

'I missed them both too.' He smiled before looking to Layla who had her arms clung around his neck, not letting go of him.

'I was about to make a cuppa, does anyone want one?' My mum asked as she jumped from the sofa.

'Yes please.' The three of us reply before she goes to the kitchen to make the tea.

Layla lay on Brad, cuddling into him as she slowly drifted into a sleep.

All the excitement of yesterday had gotten to her.

I sat down next to Brad, he put his arm around me and pulled me into his side as I rested my head on his shoulder.

'So how's work in the studio coming along Brad?' My dad asked as he came into the living room.

'Really good yeah, I've got a good three weeks off so I can spend time with Ellie and Layla.' He said making my dad smile.

My family loved that Brad cared for the two of us so much; they could see it from the moment they met him.

'It's nice to see you're doing something you're passionate about.' My dad said.

He loved the idea of Brad following his dreams and producing music as anyone who knows Brad will know its what he's the most passionate about.

After a little bit longer talking with my parents and Sophia I gathered me and Layla's stuff before the three of us headed off to his parents house.

'Hello Ellie love, how was your Christmas?' His mum greeted me with a hug.

'It was very good thanks, and yours?' I asked her.

'Oh it was lovely! Do you want a cup of tea? She asked as she guided me into the living room, Brad with Layla behind me.

'Only if you're having one.' I told her.

'Here Brad,' She said taking Layla from him, 'Go and make me and Eloise a cuppa.' She ordered him.

He groaned, looking at me. I gave him a warning look as he sighed and made his way to the kitchen.

'You really have him wrapped around your finger.' She chuckled.

'Well, someone needs to keep him right.' I shrugged.

'Dam right!' She exclaimed.

'I can hear you!' He shouted for the kitchen.

Both me and Anne looked at each other and rolled our eyes.

'Where's Jesse?' Layla asked as she pattered about.

'I think she's out in the kitchen with Brad love.' Anne Marie told her.

'Wad!' She shouted as she ran to the kitchen.

'Hello princess.' We heard him say.

'Him meeting you and Layla was the best thing that could ever happen to him.' She said to me.

'Him coming into our life was the best thing. He's amazing with her, I told him at the start he didn't have to play the father figure for Layla and he could just leave but he was determined.' I told her.

'I remember the day he found out about Layla, he came over for advice. At this stage he was already head over heels for you and wanted you and Layla.' She said with a smile.

'Here you go.' He said as he walked in and handed us both our tea.

He went back to the kitchen to grab his mug. As he returned from the kitchen Layla and Jesse followed behind him.

He sat next to me and put his arm around me, pulling me close to him.

'You stink.' I joked. 'You haven't even showered since you've been at the gym.'

'Oh shut it.' He rolled his eyes. 'I'm going to shower when we get home.'

As we sat in the living room talking with Layla pattering around after Jesse, Derek returned home.

'Oh hello Ellie.' He waved as he came through the door. 'Layla.' He gasped as he put his hand out for a hi five.

'Oh yes hello to you too dad.' Brad said with sarcasm from beside me.

'Hello my beautiful boy.' Derek replied in the same tone as he ruffled his hair causing Brad to groan.

'Fuck off.' He mumbled as Derek still irritated him.

'Maisie's weddings in a month, I need to get a suit.' Derek groaned as he sat down. 'I don't wear them apart from once a year, waste of money.'

'Derek!' Anne Marie scolded him. 'You have one up stairs that in perfect condition. Just buy a new shirt and tie and zip your mouth.'

I chuckled at how she spoke to him, taking no shit.

'Are you coming along?' She asked me.

I looked to Brad to see him shake his head.

'I actually forgot to say to her.' He said scratching his head.

'Bradley! I told you weeks ago to ask her!' She exclaimed at him as he raised his arms in surrender.

'We should probably head back now.' Brad announced a while later as he noticed Layla getting sleepy on my lap.

'Well don't be a stranger dear, we love having you here. Next time bring a bag for you both and stay!' Anne Marie said as she pulled in for a hug before kissing Layla's head.

'Nice seeing you again Eloise. Bye bye Layla.' Derek said as he waved to her resulting in a sleepy smile in return.

Brad grabbed his bag from upstairs as I went out to my car, strapping Layla in before setting off seeing as Brad had his car at his parents.

'Race you there fucka.' He shouted.