thirteen

Today I was starting back at work. I taught business (and subjects related) in a school. I loved my job, the kids I worked with were always keeping me laughing.

However I was going to miss being with Layla all day everyday.

It's also been strange with Brad starting his new job also, we were so used to being able to call round to each other's apartment at whatever time of day we want.

I walked through the reception doors, I'd left Layla off at my mums just over 20 minutes ago. It was already strange without her.

As I signed in, the receptionist greeted me with a welcome back.

I went to walk down the corridor and make my way to my class. I entered the classroom to see my form class sitting there.

They all bombarded me with welcomes, they were year 12 so we had a pretty close relationship as a class. Majority I also had for business.

They all begged for me to show them a photo of Layla.

I happened to show them a photo and swipe to the next one for it to be of me, her and Brad.

'Ohhh miss who's he?' One of the girls chirped.

'Nobody.' I blushed.

'Ahhh miss is that your boy?' Another one added.

'He's well fit.' One who didn't have a filter shouted.

I laughed and rolled my eyes at them as I turned to the computer, logging on.

I got in my car, it was 3:40PM, school ended at 3:10PM. I'd stayed behind a bit to plan a lesson whilst the cover teacher who had been taking my classes to fill me in on what she had covered.

I was so happy to get home and see Layla. I called to my mums house on my way home and  had a chat with my mum before returning home.

As I stepped in the door, I put my bag down along with Layla's. I sighed, today drained me. I was up during the night with Layla then to have to wake such early and go back to work, it would take time to get used to.

Me and Layla lay on the sofa, cuddling before my phone buzzed.

I grabbed my phone and looked.

Brad- I've got Chinese, coming home now x
Me- Ugh, I could kiss you!!
Brad- I know, you can't get enough of me ;)

I rolled my eyes at how full of himself he was.

'Will we get into our pyjamas for Brad coming over?' I asked as she clapped her hands.

'Mama.' She talked as I lay her down to change her.

'Yes baba.' I laughed as she kept repeating.

I quickly changed myself as Layla sat there, trying her hardest to talk.

'Where's Brad?' I asked.

'Wad.' She croaked.

'Yay! Brad.' I clapped as she clapped also.

'Wad.' She laughed.

'Yay baba!' I exclaimed as I lifted her and peppered her in kisses.

'Will we go let Brad in?' I asked as I heard the door knock. She let out a gasp and clapped.

If you couldn't tell, she loves clapping.

I opened the door revealing Brad.

'Hello.' He cooed as he crouched down next to her.