six

Ellie's POV

It had been a week or so since I had went out with Lola and now she was away to live in Australia for a while.

Today I had been out with Layla at a soft play place, not too far from my house. My cousin has a one and two year old and wanted to meet up so we brought them there.

On the way back to the flat I called into the local supermarket to grab a few bits and pieces including; nappies, wipes and food.

As I was walking round the isles I seen the familiar brown curls.

'Well well look who we have here.' I said as I walked up beside him.

'Oh hey!' He said pulling me in for a side hug.

He leaned down to Layla is her pram. 'Hiya! Hiya!' He cooed at her causing her to giggle.

'I was going to text you, to ask if you and Layla wanted to come over to mine tonight? Have dinner?' He asked.

'I'd love that.' I smiled at him.

'What would you like?' He asked we we walked down the isle.

'It's up to you chef.' I nudged him. 'Okay okay.' He said putting his arms up.

After we had both finished our shops we walked back home together.

'Well I see you soon then.' I said to Brad as I unlocked my door.

'Come in your pyjamas.' He told me.

I looked at him confused. 'Comfort is key.' He shrugged and I just rolled my eyes.

'Okay whatever you say curls.' I said and he groaned at the nickname.

Brad had text me earlier telling me to come over at 5PM. I got me and Layla changed into our pyjamas, well mine consisting of leggings and a hoodie.

It was just after 5PM now, Layla had decided to have to get her nappy changed right as we were about to leave.

As we approached Brad's door I knocked and waited for him to answer. He appeared after a few seconds.

'Sorry someone decided to do a poop and need their nappy changed.' I apologised.

'Don't worry, I'm never on time for anything.' He laughed as Layla put her arms out to him. He lifted her from me and led us through to the living room.

He was wearing grey jogger like shorts and a black hoodie with his brown framed glasses.

'What times she due her bottle?' He asked as we sat down.

'Amm,' I glanced to the clock. 'Around another hour and a half.' I told him as he nodded.

'I've got a present for you.' He gasped as he handed her to me.

I watched as he made his way to what I presume is his room. He then returned with a bag for her.

He lifted out a cuddly bear and handed it to her. She clapped happily with a smile and let out a cackle.

She tried to talk to him, only noises coming out of her. He then pulled out an outfit with grey leggings and white bunnies on them, a white top with a bunnies face and a matching headband to the leggings.

'Aw Brad I love it!' I said as he showed it. Layla sat on my knee playing with her bear.

'Thank you, you shouldn't have.' I said as I signalled for him to sit beside me. I pulled him in for a side hug.