nine

Ellie's POV

It was now a few weeks later. That Sunday we had dinner with his family, when me and Brad were out the back with Layla he asked me to be his girlfriend.

Of course I said yes and we've been as happy as ever since then.

'Ellie, me and your dad will watch Layla for the weekend so you can spend some alone time with Brad.' My mum said causing me to sigh.

I'd never left Layla overnight before. Obviously I was going to in the future but right now I'm not too sure.

'I don't know, I-'

'El she'll be fine. You deserve a weekend to yourself.' My mum insisted.

'Okay fine but if there's any problems you promise to let me know ASAP?' I said, still not 100% certain of the idea.

'I promise.' She wrapped her pinky around mine. 'Right well we're going to head now to go get groceries.' My mum said as her and my dad stood up.

They hugged me and kissed Layla goodbye before leaving.

'Just me and you again baby.' I said as I lay down on the floor beside her. She was lying on her play mat surrounded by toys.

I grabbed my phone from the sofa and text Brad.

Me- My mum and dad want to take Layla this weekend. I was wondering if you wanted to do anything?

I put my phone down and watched as she fought with herself, trying to roll over onto her belly.

I'm positive that within no time she'll be crawling. Which is quite scary, she's my baby, I don't want her to grow up.

I then heard my phone ping, I lifted my phone from beside me. A smile took over my face as I looked at the message.

Brad- I'd love to spend the weekend with you. How about going to the cinema? Out for dinner? Stay over mine? Anything you want.

Me- I'd love that, I don't mind what we do.

'Ah baby do you want a banana?' I said as she clapped her hands.

Now she began eating more solid foods we had found that she loved bananas.

I walked to the kitchen where the fruit bowl was, getting her a banana before going back to the living room.

I looked to see her in a position as though she was about to crawl.

'Come in baby, come to mama.' I put the banana down and clapped my hands.

Her arms gave in and she fell on her front. But she got up again, slowly.

Within a matter of minutes of a repeated process she began to get somewhere.

I grabbed my phone not wanting to miss the moment.

'Come to mama beautiful girl.' I cooed as she looked and smiled at me before she crawled towards me.

She then put her hands out and reached up to me.

'Oh I'm so proud of you.' I exclaimed as I peppered her in kisses. 'My baba, well done.'

I opened her banana and fed her it seeing as she tried to make a dive for it as it lay on the ground.

As she was eating it I grabbed my phone and text my mum before texting Brad.

Me- Layla started crawling!!