•HATE THAT I LOVE YOU 16•

I slammed my car door and went to get Blue out of her car seat. "Baby you remember where Lannie's office is?"

"Yes, mommy."

"Good go straight there with Kevin," I told her.

We went up to the homicide unit and I looked for Kevin. "Beyoncé!" I heard.

"Kevin!" I went and hugged him, he is like my little brother. Ever since Shawn introduced him to me we just clicked.

"What are you doing here!? Not to put your business out there but I kinda heard what happened between you and Shawn," he said.

"Yeahh, well. Something happened to Ansel and Shawn told me to come here to see what we could do," I said.

"Well, girl, don't stress yourself out!"

"I'll try not to. Can you do me a favor?" I asked him.

"Yeah, for sure."

"Can you go with Blue and see Lannie or something? I don't want her here when Shawn comes here."

"Of course. Let me go see where she went," Kevin said going over to the break room where Blue was talking with Javi.

I sighed and once they left went to the break room as well, "Hey, Javi."

"Hi, Bey, how you holding up?" He asked.

"Making it. I'm pretty sure you know everything, he probably told you first," I said scratching my right arm softly.

"You are to be correct," he nodded, "Well do you want coffee?"

"I can't," I said and pointed at my belly, "Pregnant," I said and he nodded.

"Riiight. Well there's tea and some-"

"I'm not thirsty. Now where is Shawn?" I asked.

"He hasn't been to work for the past month. The captain gave him a paid leave. They said that as of now e is unfit to work," Javi said as he drank from his coffee.

"What do you mean unfit?" I asked.

"He really regrets what he did. He hasn't been at peace. He drinks, cries, he basically grew out a beard!"

"Well regret isn't going to take back this," I said showing him the big bruise on my arm, "or this!" I said moving the neck of my shirt to the side to show him the bruise on the side of my neck.

"I can't lie those are some ugly bruises but he wasn't in his right mind. I'm not justifying him or anything I'm just saying you guys should talk," Javi said putting the cup back in the sink.

"He is lucky I haven't gotten the divorce papers. I'm willing to take all three of my children somewhere else and cut him off completely. There will always be something there between us but I'm not sure we can move on from this. I will forever be grateful for the children he gave me but that's about it."

There was a knock on the break room door and we both turned to see who it was. "Can I come in?"

I rolled my eyes as Javi nodded. "Hey I'm-"

"Demi, yes I know."

"Oh.. well it's nice to meet you in these circumstances rather than the previous one," she said with a fake smirk.

"Yeah.."

"Rude.. I see why Shawn left your hoe ass," She mumbled under her breath but my satellite ears caught it very well.

"Look, bitch. I left him because I felt like it okay? Good, it doesn't concern you," I said flipping my hair.

"It does when I fucked your husband."