•HATE THAT I LOVE YOU 11•

"Shit! Shawn come here!" I yelled from the garage. "Shawn!"

He soon came down to the garage, "What's up?" He asked rubbing his eyes. I guess he just woke up from his nap.

"Look at this!" I gestured to my car.

"I don't see anything.." he said confused.

"You don't see the smoke coming out of the engine? As soon as I parked the car wouldn't start again," I said stressed as I opened the lid to show him.

"Don't worry about it.. look I'll just take your car to the shop tomorrow and they'll have it ready for Monday since it's Thursday," Shawn said as he looked over the engine.

"Are you sure? I have a super important meeting tomorrow. Oh! And I have to drop off the kids.. shit. How am I supposed to do that!?" I said as I ran my hands through my hair.

"Take my car tomorrow and I'll take yours," Shawn shrugged.

"How are you going to get back home?" I asked him.

"I'll take a cab or ask Meek for a ride when he is leaving his office," Shawn said calmly as he placed his hands on my shoulders, "Don't stress it. The reparation won't be so expensive. We'll be good." He reassured me.

"Ok, fine. I trust you," I said kissing him various times.

"MOMMY! IT'S STARTING!" Blue yelled through the house.

"I'M COMING!" I called back.

"Ouch. My eardrum," Shawn complained pulling away from me.

"Shut up, you big baby," I laughed kissing him again. "You coming to watch the movie with the kids and I?"

"I can't. I really need to finish my research on this Russian guy's club," Shawn said.

"Hmm that's all you've been doing this week," I mumbled.

"Huh?"

"Oh nothing.. just know your kids want to see their father more," I said rolling my eyes and walking out the garage.

"BEY! I'M SORRY! COME BACK!" He called.

I rolled my eyes again and looked back at him, "What?"

"I just want to finish this case as soon as possible. We are attached to it in more ways that one. You killed your step brother without-"

"It was self defense!"

"I get it. But like you said you are a mom, I can't let anyone find out about that and let you go down. I need my wife and the mother of my kids," Shawn said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Shawn, I'm just saying just because you are there doesn't mean you're really there," I said crossing my arms.

"I know. I'll try to be there more, but I'm doing all I can to keep my family safe. I used to sell drugs with one of the main criminals in the case, your step father is one of the main suspects, my captain may be involved too... this case is wrong everywhere. I only have two trustful cops on the case," Shawn stressed.

"Which are?" I asked confused.

"Demi and Javier, I don't trust anyone else in this case. The others might go up to the captain without knowing he may be dirty. It's just not safe, that's why I want this over with," Shawn explained.

"Well, I guess I'll just leave you to work. I'll be watching the Grinch with the kids if you need me," I said giving him a kiss on the cheek as I finally went upstairs.

~~~~~~~
Shawn's P.O.V.

I finally left my home office to see the kids eating at the dinner table. "Where's your mom?" I asked them as I took my plate outside the microwave.