Chapter 10

Omniscient

Cherie made her way to the cafe to meet Trey, Kristian, and Jeremiah. It was fried chicken Wednesday and Cherie couldn't wait to eat. It was their first Wednesday back at school since Christmas break and Cherie couldn't be more glad. She'd missed eating at the cafe with her friends and now boyfriend every week.

When she got to the cafe she found her crew and stood in line with them. They waited in line for a few more minutes before they finally got their plates and sat down.

"So how was everyone's winter break?" Kristian questioned, this was their first time hanging together since they'd gotten back.

"It was straight." Trey answered. He'd had a good time at home but he missed seeing his girlfriend and friends so often.

"Mine was pretty good." Cherie answered.

"Oh we know, you came back in a whole relationship." Cherie playfully rolled her eyes at Trey.

"Speaking of y'all relationship, how did that happen?" Kristen questioned. When Cherie had told her that her and Jeremiah were now together she hadn't given her any details.

"We kissed on Christmas then he asked me to be his girlfriend the day after."

"Aw." Kristian cooed.

"Yep." Cherie smiled. "How did you and Trey meet?" Cherie questioned curiously.

"I'll tell it." Jeremiah spoke up. "Kristen saw me and Trey at this party the night before classes started and the next day we just so happened to sit next to each other in one of our classes. She practically begged me for the man's number."

"No I did not, I politely asked."

"Like I said, she begged me for his number so I asked him could I give it to her and he said yeah. And they started dating from there."

"He's been getting on my nerves for three years now." Kristen smirked.

"Don't play me like I'm the annoying one."

"You are, I've lived with you for almost four years so I know." Trey sucked his teeth.

"Y'all some haters for real." They all laughed.

The two couples finished eating then they split ways. Cherie and Jeremiah were now back at her house chilling.

"How was your first day?" Jeremiah questioned, rubbing her freshly shaved leg.

"It was good, I think I'm dropping one of my classes." Cherie chuckled.

"Why?"

"She went over the syllabus and she wants too much out of me, I can't do it." Jeremiah chuckled. "How was your day, considering this is your last first day."

"It was good, just ready to get done with all this."

"I'm going to miss y'all." Cherie sighed. Trey, Kristian, and Jeremiah were all graduating in May.

"We're going to miss your big-headed ass too." Jeremiah smirked.

Cherie bit her lip, trying to hide her oncoming blush. She didn't know what it was about him, but he always caused these types of reactions out of her with the smallest thing.

"My head is not big."

"It's not the smallest either."

Cherie kicked him, causing him to smack her exposed thigh. "Why would you do that?" Cherie gave him the side eye.

"You kicked me."

"I didn't kick you hard though."

"I'm sorry, you want me to kiss it?" Jeremiah smirked, rubbing the spot where he'd popped her. Cherie rolled her eyes.