Chapter forty-four: A night with many turning points

We had entered the bar shortly after. The bar was filled with many people from different ages. We all decided to give Taeil money for a gift. He ended up buying a gift card and placed it on the table, which stood there to place all the presents on. Apparently, the person who throws this party, came back to Korea after working abroad for over five years. 

Eunbin: "It's really crowded in here. I didn't expect there to be so many people."

Taeil: "Well, he has many family, friends and colleagues. He invited them all."

We were making our way through the crowd, heading towards the middle. A few people bumped into me since they were all dancing. They weren't bothered by the fact they were bumping into people. I guess they bump into many people frequently, it's useless to say sorry over and over again.

Jaehyun: "Are you alright?"

You: "Yes, I'm fine. It's just a bit crowed here."

I shouted at Jaehyun. The music was loud, so he wouldn't be able to hear me if I spoke in a normal tone. Jaehyun's right arm went around my shoulder, pulling me in front of him. This way his body protected me from other people bumping into me. He's always so kind. I thanked him for his gesture.

Jaehyun: "We're heading to the back of the club. It's less crowded over there."

+

We had finally made it to the back of the club. The bar was located there and to my surprise it wasn't as crowed here. Probably all the people just end up ordering a drink and go back to the dance floor. I understand that. It won't take long until I'm dancing there as well.

Taeyong: "What do you want to drink guys?"

All the boys went for beers, I should've predicted that one. Eunbin and Sorn choose a mojito. Me and Yeeun decided to go for a long island ice tea. It's been a while since I've had that drink. It didn't took long before everyone received their ordered drink.

Lucas: "Cheers everyone!"

Sorn: "To a great night!"

We talked for a while, until we had finished our first drink. After that, we ordered a second one and went over to the dance floor. It felt nice to move freely again without a cast, being able to dance and jump around after sitting still for so long. And this party was also the perfect distraction for everything that went down the last few weeks.

Time skip, around midnight

Eunbin: "Girls, we have a problem."

The evening went smooth so far. A few hours had passed since we had entered the building. All we did was dance or drink something at the bar while talking. The guys didn't dance much, it was mostly me and the girl. Sometimes Taeil came to dance with us as well. Eunbin went for a refill a moment ago, she was thirsty after all the dancing. She came back with a worried face, making me concerned.

Yeeun: "What's going on?"

Eunbin: "Mark has stopped drinking for tonight, since he drove here himself. He's barely waisted. How can I confess to him now?"

You: "Do you still want to confess your feelings?"

Eunbin: "I still want to... But now I can't make up the excuse he was too drunk..."

Yeeun: "There goes our plan."

Eunbin: "The fact that the guys are sticking together all the time, doesn't also make it easier to speak to him alone."