Chapter twenty-three: The confession

I stood up again, dragging my body to the exit of the rooftop. I headed to the nearest bathroom. I need to get rid of my probably red face. I entered the bathroom, no sounds at all. I guess I'm alone here. They're all probably at the cafeteria, eating food. I should be doing the same... Why did I forget my phone? Why did I need to go look for it? Otherwise I wouldn't be in this situation. I made my way to one of the mirrors. My eyes look indeed red. I splat some water on my face, hoping that I would wake up from a terrible dream. Of course it didn't work out... 

You: "How did this situation escalated so quickly?"

I asked myself. I waited for a few minutes in the bathroom until my face was presentable again. Then I got out of the bathroom, going to the cafeteria. 

+

Eunbin: "You took a long time. Did you manage to find your phone?"

You: "Apparently I left it at home. Jin had found it on my bed. He just gave it back to me."

Yeeun: "We got you some food. I hope it's still warm."

Sorn: "Yeeun tried to steal some of your chicken but I managed to held her back."

You: "Thanks..."

I didn't eat a lot. Everything that has happened so far kept playing in my head. I didn't know what to do anymore. I thought that Rosé could be right, that thing would go back to normal again. But I guess they won't. 

Time skip, four days later, still your pov

Tomorrow our parents will return from their business trip. The past few days were very awkward. At least that's how I experienced it. I barely saw them, they were hiding most of the time in their own room. I just tried to act normal around them, even though I could feel the tension between us all. I need to believe that they will loose their feelings and interest in me. I just entered the kitchen, feeling a bit hungry after a long day at school. It's Friday, time for weekend. Should I cook something? While checking out the cabinets for some food I heard someone else walking inside the kitchen. 

Jungkook: "Oh hey... Maybe I should come back later."

We briefly made eye contact before he spoke. My head ducked back into the cabin, searching for some instant ramen.

You: "Why? It's your kitchen, your home. You should feel comfortable here. Are you hungry? Should I cook something for you too?"

Jungkook: "I'm not hungry. I'm just here to grab something to drink."

Jungkook made his way towards the fridge. I took out some instant ramen out of the cabinet. Then I made my way over to the fridge as well. Maybe I can use some other ingredients like eggs or something. 

You: "I can still cook. You can eat it later when you're feeling hungry."

Jungkook sighed deeply when I said that. He took a bottle of water, closing the door of the fridge immediately after. He turned his attention to me, making eye contact. 

Jungkook: "Just stop trying Y/N. Stop pretending that nothing happened."

You: "I'm just trying to move on Jungkook."