Chapter eight: Dinner with a reveal

Lucas: "What do you want to eat Y/N?"

Lucas snapped me out of my thoughts? Should I go home or should I stay here with Lucas and his friends?

You: "I'm sorry but I can't stay any longer."

Mark: "Are you already leaving?"

Taeil: "Stay a bit longer. We definitely need to spend more time together. It was a really nice day with you today."

You: "We will spend more time. I promised my mom that I would cook tonight."

Taeil: "You can make it up if you sit with us for lunch tomorrow and if you dance with me at the party."

Lucas: "She's not only dancing with you."

Taeyong: "Owww, Lucas is jealous. It's almost adorable."

You: "Don't tease him. But fine I'll dance with the both of you."

Mark: "Don't forget that it's my birthday."

Taeyong: "If everyone is dancing with you, I want a dance as well."

You: "You guys can be such babies. I can't believe that you're older than me."

Taeyong: "That's true, we're older than you. That can only mean one thing."

You: "It means what?"

Taeil: "That means that you should call us oppa."

Oppa? I've never called a guy oppa before in my life...

You: "I should go home guys. So I'll see you tomorrow at school."

Mark: "She's shy again! Don't be ashamed."

You: "I'm not."

Lucas: "Should I walk you home? It's getting dark outside."

You: "No, it's fine. It's not that far. I'm going now, bye guys. Have fun!"

I stood up and waved at the guys. Lucas stood up as well, leading me to the front door. He waved me goodbye when I left his house. After five minute walk I was finally back home. I wasn't thrilled by the idea to see my stepbrothers again after our conversation at school. I took off my shoes and my jacket and placed them on the right place. Then I made my way through the hallway. I stopped at the door of the kitchen. My heart was beating really fast. Why am I nervous. I didn't do anything wrong. This stepbrother-stepsister relation is not going to work if they keep their nose in my business. I could already hear some noises in the kitchen. They're probably cooking. My hand reached for the door knob but I stopped all my tracks. I heard someone talking.

Jimin: "Hyung? Why are you putting so much effort in this dinner. She's clearly not coming."

Jin: "She will come, I know it. And besides we also need to eat."

Jungkook: "Don't complain if she ditched us just so she can hang out with Lucas."

J-hope: "Maybe she's angry at us for attacking her out of the blue at school."

Taehyung: "You can thank Yoongi and Jungkook for that. They were the ones snapping at her."

Yoongi: "Snapping? We all made her clear that we don't like her new friends."

Jungkook: "Everyone agreed before that conversation happened that you want her to be honest with you."

They talked about me? Why am I so important? They really do need a girlfriend. After what Taeil said about them, that they're not going to parties. It gave me a weird feeling. Like I was worried about them.