Chapter six: Caught in a lie

Jungkook: "Hey Y/N! How are you doing?"

I stopped my tracks. Jungkook was standing on my left side. I looked over at him but he was already staring at me. I was not the only one that stopped walking, the others did too. Everyone was staring at me and Jungkook. What is he going to say? Did they forget about our deal?

Lucas: "Do you two know each other?"

Jungkook: "Yes!"

You: "No!"

We both said that together. Everyone looked more confused at us. I wanted to make up an excuse but Jungkook spoke faster than me.

Jungkook: "We met each other yesterday in the hallway. I bumped into her. I wasn't paying attention. Again, sorry for bumping into you. Can I make it up to you?"

Wauw... He's a great liar. I would almost believe it myself. What does he want to reach with this? Why is he lying?

You: "No, it's fine. Such things just happen. It happened to me before as well so I understand it."

Jungkook: "Well you almost fell because of me, so let me pay your lunch later."

Seriously? What is the point of this conversation? What does he want to prove at this moment? He makes this situation more suspicious then it already is. How can I tell Lucas and the others now that they are my stepbrothers?

Lucas: "I'm paying her lunch later so don't worry about it. She said it was fine."

Lucas suddenly pulled on my hand, dragging me out of the cafeteria. He didn't gave me the time to respond. What's up with his sudden mood?

You: "Yeah! Lucas! Slow down! Why are we walking so fast?! We still have ten minutes? Are you even listening?"

Lucas: "I'm sorry that I just dragged you out of that conversation... I just don't like the idea of them talking to you. They barley talk to anyone especially to girls..."

You: "He was just being nice that's all..."

I let go of his hand and passed him by to reach my locker. I opened it and took my books for the next class. When I closed my locker I saw Lucas. He was leaning on the locker besides mine, his lips formed a pout.

Lucas: "I know... I know... I can tell what you're thinking. I'm being overprotective over nothing. I'm sorry."

You: "I'm not mad at you if that's what you're thinking. It's just..."

I stopped talking. Should I tell him? About my stepbrothers? Maybe he doesn't look at me the same way as he did before. But this might me my only chance to tell him.

Lucas: "It's just what? Is there something you want to tell me?"

You: "Actually..."

Taeil: "There they are. Yeah Lucas! Why did you walk away from them like that?"

Mark: "Y/N why didn't you told us that you've met Jungkook yesterday while we were talking about them."

You: "I just forgot. It wasn't that important."

Taeyong: "Well it seemed important to him. I think a lot of girls will be jealous of you now because he offered you lunch."

You: "He can pay the lunch of those girls if he wants to but I'm fine."

Taeil: "Ohhh! A savage girl! I like it!"

You: "I'm not savage at all. I just said that I'm fine. But let's be honest with each other, you have fan girls too right?"