Chapter ten: The birthday party

The next morning (your pov)

I woke up, immediately stretching my body from the good sleep I just had. I looked around while stretching my arms, realizing I was in my room. How did I end up here? I can't remember how I got back here. We watched a movie yesterday evening but what happened then? Did I fall asleep? I guess so... But how did I end up from the couch to my bed? Maybe one of them carried me to my bed. But who? I got out of my bed and went straight to the bedroom. After washing my face, brushing my teeth, and doing my hair I walked back to my room. I quickly changed into my uniform. I made my backpack and checked my phone. Eunbin texted me the amount of money that I need to give her back for the present. I was finally completely ready for school, so I decided to go downstairs.

I was walking down the stairs when I saw my mom at the front door. She was quickly putting her shoes on. I guess she's in a hurry. 

You: "Good morning to you too..."

Mom: "Good morning sweetheart! How was school? Did you sleep well?"

She rushed herself towards me and quickly gave me a kiss on my forehead. Then she took her jacket and her purse from the seat next to the mirror.

You: "School is going great and I slept well. How about you? I barley see you these days."

Mom: "I'm glad to hear that. Well it's really busy right new. We have a new client and that means a lot of work." 

She was checking out her make-up and her hair in the mirror. When can we have a normal conversation? One where she looks me in the eye and isn't paying attention on something else. 

You: "I'm going to a birthday party tonight with some friends of my class."

Mom: "Oh really? That's amazing!"

You: "It is! We're going to Sorn her house first and order some food. Then we'll get ready together for the party and..."

My mom walked away from the mirror and came towards me again. She opened her purse and took out her wallet. She grabbed some money out of it, a lot of money to be honest.

Mom: "I'm happy that you're going to have a nice evening so here."

You: "Why so much?"

Mom: "Some lunch money... And it's also for the food that you're going to order tonight, treat your friends. And of course some money for a present, you can't go to a birthday without one. I need to go now, he's waiting for me in the car. I probably see you tomorrow. Don't drink too much and if something goes wrong, call me."

She waved a quick goodbye before she left. I just stood there for a moment with the money in my right hand. She always does this... Comforting me with her money because she's barley here. It's out of pity, we both know it. I opened my bag and shortly after that my wallet. After putting the money on the right place, I decided to walk over to the kitchen. When I entered the kitchen I saw Jin, Jungkook and Yoongi.

You: "Good morning."

They all returned my good morning. I gave them a smile except Yoongi. I'm still a little bit mad at him. Jungkook apologized but Yoongi didn't. 

You: "Where are the others? Still asleep?"

Jin: "No, they aren't asleep. Namjoon and Taehyung are in their rooms getting ready for school. Jimin and J-hope are in the dining room."

You: "Oh okay... Uhm so... Did I fall asleep yesterday evening? I don't remember getting back to my room."

Jungkook: "You fell asleep on Namjoon's shoulder so he brought you to your room."