Chapter forty-one: Pretend for one night

Jimin: "For how long will you keep this from them?"

J-hope: "Until I'm sure of my spot. Otherwise, I might tell them and not end up getting selected."

For a moment, there was silence between the two of us. I thought Jimin would leave the room, saddened with the thought that I might end up leaving. But instead he said something that shook me.

Jimin: "Do you think I can send an application too?"

J-hope: "You want to sign up as well for a program abroad?"

Jimin: "Why not? You're right anyway, things won't return back to normal, or at least not for a while."

J-hope: "You can try, but there might be a change you'll end up getting rejected since you're not graduating this year, but next year."

Jimin: "I don't mind, at least I've tried. Let's just practice now..."

Your pov

Taehyung: "Be my girlfriend, until tomorrow morning."

When that sentence left his mouth, I froze at my spot. Did I just hear it right? Did he just ask me to be his girlfriend until tomorrow? Taehyung didn't say another word, waiting for my answer. Now I dared to make eye contact with him, after letting his words process inside my head.

You: "What did you say?"

Taehyung: "I asked you to be my girlfriend, until tomorrow morning."

You: "Taehyung, can't you wish for something else? We can't..."

Taehyung: "You have agreed with my first wish. You would say yes, to everything I wish for and not look differently at me afterwards."

You: "I know what I agreed on. I don't want to break that promise, but this isn't only about us. If this gets out and the others hear about it. They might get mad at us. That's the last thing I want, you end up fighting with one another."

Taehyung: "I swear, this stay between us. I won't tell anyone about this. I want this... I know it sounds egotistical of me to aks you this, but it might be the only way for me to get over you."

You: "I don't think this will be the solution to your problems. It will only make them worse..."

Taehyung: "I won't know for sure, until I've tried. It's my responsibility, if it does't work, I won't blame you for it. I swear."

You: "I don't know, Taehyung. I really don't want to hurt you, or the others even more."

Taehyung: "You won't hurt anyone. This will be a secret between the two of us and no one else."

Taehyung kept staring at me with pleading eyes, almost begging me to accept his wish. I let out sigh, feeling defeated. This will backfire at me one day, which will make me regret admitting to this.

You: "Fine, I'll be your girlfriend until tomorrow morning. What's your last wish?"

Taehyung: "I've only thought about the first two ones, actually. I thought you wouldn't agree with the second one."

You: "Alright, you can use that wish than whenever you want, when you've made up your mind. What do you want to do now?"

Before Taehyung could answer, I heard his stomach rumble. His hand scratched the back of his neck, while shooting me a slight smile.