Chapter thirty-eight: The unsigned card

Jin: "No, please! Don't go! I want you here..."

I sighed, walking over to him with the help of my crutches. I was standing next to him. His face finally faced me. His cheeks looked a little bit wet. He did indeed cry. But why?

You: "Are you alright, Jin?"

I asked him, while trying to sit down next to him. He helped me by supporting me, so I couldn't hurt myself.

Jin: "I'm alright. Jimin and I were looking trough a photo album together. When he left, some emotions came out. Don't worry, I'm alright. Just some old memories lingering on my mind."

You: "Can you show me some pictures?"

Jin: "Of course, I promised you before, I would show you our mom."

He gave me a faint smile before opening the photo album again. He stopped at a picture. I took a closer look and saw their mom and dad smiling at the camera.

Jin: "This is a picture they took before they adapted us all."

You: "Your mom is so beautiful. She also looks so happy with your dad."

Jin: "They always were happy together, everyone was jealous of how good they looked together."

You: "I think everyone wants a relationship like that, where you can be fully yourself."

Jin: "True... They are my example of a dream relationship. This is the first picture they took of us, when they just adopted us."

He turned over to another page. I saw their mom and dad again, but now with some kids in front of them. Seven little boys. I guess they were around the age of six. The couple looks really happy with their adopted children standing in front of them.

You: "How old were you when they adopted you all?"

Jin: "Yoongi, Namjoon, J-hope and I were already six years old. Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook were just five years old."

You: "Your mom looks even more happier. She has a spark in her eyes, so much love."

Jin: "Having her own children was her biggest dream. She had a big family when she was a child, so she wished to have one as well."

You: "I know, Taehyung told me before."

Jin: "Mom made so much time for us, even tough she had to help dad a lot."

I flipped over to the next page. I saw a lot of pictures of them. It's so nice to see them, happy when they with their children. They did so much together as a family. I could tell by all the photos that Jin showed me.

You: "You were all so cute back then."

Jin: "Only back then?"

You: "You're still cute."

We laughed at each other. I'm glad Jin made a little joke. It hurts me to see him, or any of them being sad. They all have been trough a lot.

You: "Is that Jungkook? Why are his eyes red?"

Jin: "Because he just had thrown the biggest tantrum I've ever seen."

You: "Why?"

Jin: "We were playing at the playground and we suddenly heard the familiar sound of the ice cream car. Mom agreed that we could have one. Jungkook really likes chocolate flavored ice cream, but it was sold out."