Price for Vengence

(Old Town)
(Afternoon)
(Day before the Melee)

"Why didn't you say you'd be entering the melee!!!" Margaery shouted at Daeron as he was completing some repairs on the orphanage house.

Daeron sighed "I didn't think it was important, lots of warriors both high born and low will compete" he said with a shrug as he continues his work.

Margaery approaches him and grabs his arm turning him around, her features were marred with a frown and her glare felt like it could pierce right through him "Lucerys... most of the fighters are knights who've had a sword in their hand from when they were children, while you-"

"Just a lowborn bastard of some Lord?" Daeron finished with a raised eyebrow.

Margaery pushes him "Of course not!" She shouts out angrily, surprising Daeron.

"We've spent almost every day together and you think so low of me to judge you by your birth" Margaery says in a low tone.

Daeron realises his mistake, he'd automatically assumed she'd think less of him even if they were friends, a product of his upbringing "I apologise Margaery... I've always been looked down upon despite being capable, I should not have assumed you'd do such a thing" he says apologetically as he brings her into a hug, she places her head on his chest.

"Lucerys... you're my friend... I don't want to see you get hurt" she says softly into his chest.

Daeron smiles, he doubted he would get much challenge from the participants "If I'm in trouble I will yield, so banish these troubles from your mind"

Margaery removes her head from his chest and looks up at him her look of worry still present "They won't care for the lowborn fighters on the field, while some knights are still honourable, there are those who will cut you down without hesitation"

Daeron frowns "You mean the Mountain?"

She nods her head slowly as her hands still lay on his chest "The Mountain doesn't scare me, he-"

"Then you're a bloody fool... he scares me, he scares both my brothers, and he won't hesitate to kill people even if they yield" Margaery snaps at him.

Daeron cups her face "Margaery I'll be fine, I can handle myself, the Mountain nor any of the other participants will cut me down"

Margaery huffs and removes herself from his embrace, she turns around heading back towards the orphanage doors "Stupid... stubborn men... foolish pride" Daeron can only make out a bit of what she says as she walks off.

Daeron felt bad about upsetting her like this, but nothing would stop him from killing the Mountain.

———————————————————-
(The Melee Ring)
(Present Time)

Margaery looked upon the field with concern, she just saw Lucerys leave the tunnel, he seemed to be the last fighter to join, her heart was beating rapidly and her hands felt clammy. She saw her brothers out on the field, they had taken different sides of the field so as to not fight each other too early in the melee, while she was worried about them she knew that the Mountain would never be mad enough to kill a son of one of the great houses, but he wouldn't afford Lucerys that same luxury.

"Are you okay dear?" Her mother asks as she lays a hand on her lap.

Margaery putting up her facade gives her a sweet smile "Yes, Mother I was just worrying about Garlan and Loras"

"HA! My boys will show everyone here what true knights are" her father spits out as he takes a large gulp from his cup of wine, the red liquid trailing down his face and landing on his rotund stomach.