The Lord of Light

(Location: Gogossos)
(Time: New Age)

(3rd person)

*Å̶̧̗̜͇̗̮͓̫͈̮͔̻͕̪̟̬͎̀͊̊̒́̐̾͛͒͂̑̑̕̚ͅH̶̡̝̙̩̣̜͎͚̟͈̯̭̯͍̗̍̈͌̿̚H̶̢̢̛̱͚̱͙̥̖̖̘͌͆̈́̋͌̎̈́̈̑́̈́͗Ḩ̷͖̹̬̼̥̤̄̀́͆̾͆̀̕͜͝H̴̥̹̳̪̀̿̓̋̔̾͛̂̈̾̓ͅH̶̡͉̥̗̰̥̗̭̥͖̄̅̍͛͘ͅḨ̷̠͇̜͍̰̪̦̗̎̋*

Jon nearly collapsed as he heard the otherworldly sound, covering his ears was hardly any better, he turned around to see that the creatures were retreating, they were going back towards the main keep that had suddenly just collapsed.

The whole island started to rumble as a slimy hand reached out of the pit. Large tentacles that seemed to stretch towards the sky before hitting the ground all around the pit forming cracks in the stone. Something seemed to be lifting itself out of the pit.

The screeches from the creatures seemed to reach new heights, sensing something behind him Jon looks back and sees the whole road full of creatures running back up from the harbour, he jumps to the side of the street narrowly avoiding being trampled.

He counts himself lucky that they didn't seem to be interested in him. These creatures looked slightly different from the counterparts that Jon had faced, one difference was that they were almost pitch black, the were also a lot larger maybe standing at 9 feet.

Finally the last of the creatures seemed to pass Jon as he came out of the small alcove he held himself against. Walking out onto the stone road that seemed more rubble than road his body started trembling, he tried to stop it but he couldn't it kept getting worse and worse.

He also felt his face get wet, he put his trembling arm towards his face and noticed he was crying, he tried to turn around back towards the keep but he couldn't, the mere thought of turning around to the sounds behind him made his body shut down.

Then suddenly the sounds of shifting rocks and crashing buildings ended and Jon knew whatever was in the pit had gotten out, though he didn't dare turn.

*Ș̸̞̦͉̥̥̈́͊N̵͎͕̬̙̄͜Ȯ̶̧̡̢̬͓̠͖͉̟͛̎̅͗͌Ẅ̷̙̭̳́̀*

Jon falls to his knees at the sound of something that seemed to talk. Jon felt helpless, he knew he was going to die, he didn't want to die like this, so he struggled to his feet and held his sword with two hands before lighting it on fire, controlling his trembling body and with a yell Jon turns around only to be met with a large pulsating light.

Jon drops his sword and falls to the floor occasionally twitching.

"H̶̪͖̬̻̺̏̄͝e̵͓͐͌̿̈́͊͊̓̈́ḫ̵̢̧̞̯̀̾͑͘ề̷̡̞̥̺͈͝ḩ̸͖̪̾̇̾̅́̈́͝ͅé̷͎̩͕̩͓ḥ̴̘̥̻̲̼͔̀̀ͅȩ̴͚̩̜͖͓̌͊̋͂̉͑̒̄ͅ" Are the only incoherent sounds that come out of Jon's mouth as he lies there broken on the floor.

(Ship)

Thoros was a man who had lost his faith but seeing the things he did tonight had rekindled some of it.

"We need to get inside now!" He shouted at the rest of them.

"Why how will that make a difference" Arthur replies trying to recover from the sound he had heard.

"If you think hearing that almost made you pass out what will happen when you look at whatever caused that sound" Thoros shouted.

"Red Priests who look into the flames too much are fated to lose their sight, it is said that when you look into the flames you see a part of the lord of light and gazing upon his brilliance even just a small amount will drive you mad if done too much" Thoros explains.