Journey of a Thousand Miles

(Location: Jon's hill)
(Time: Early Morning)

(3rd Person)

The early morning sun was shining over the continent of Sothoryos, as the young hidden prince was standing at the top of the hill he'd claimed.

Next to him was his sworn sword and ex member of the kingsguard as he will only ever call himself a kingsguard when the young man next to him decides to be the king he knows he can be.

"Are you sure I can't convince you to leave" Arthur says looking off into the distance, the wind blowing through his pale blonde hair hand on his sword.

"Not a chance" Jon says bluntly as he also looks off across the distance.

"You know there's a very good chance it will go wrong, you'd be delivering the final ingredient to them" Arthur says finally turning around to face Jon with a serious expression on his face.

"You say you know the type of man I'll become and that I could be an even better king" Jon states as he turns to Arthur "Would that king ever abandon a member of their family even at the risk of their own life" Jon says in a cool tone as Arthur looks conflicted may at him

Arthur then sighs and shakes his head to which Jon smiles and says "I didn't think so".

"I'm afraid though Arthur, how are we supposed to find her in such a vast expanse" Jon says a frown replacing the smile he had on his face.

"The Starry mountains" Arthur says bluntly.

With a surprised look on his face Jon turns his head to Arthur.

"What makes you think they are there" Jon questions.

"I'm not sure but I've read accounts of sailors who've met with the Sathoryi who live on the coast and they always mention to stay away from that place as the people who live there worship dark gods and eat human flesh" Arthur states with mild disgust in his voice.

"I guess it's a better place than any to start" Jon sighs as he looks over the horizon.

In the distance he could see a large mountain range meaning that they weren't too far away.

"Why're they called the Starry mountains" Jon asks Arthur as the latter is searching for something in his bag.

"I heard thousands of years ago before the dawn era there was a god here who people worshiped as the god of earth" Arthur says as he brings a small book out of his bag and closes his bag.

"When all the gods ascended to heaven he was left behind as he was a loner and none of the gods would help him ascend and his connection to the earth prevented him from doing it himself" Arthur continued.

"He grew angry and jealous and so with his power he thought to create a stairway to heaven, a mountain so big that it could reach the stars but he began to run out of power as he ascended higher and higher and eventually the mountain collapsed on its side, so that huge mountain range you see used to be one big mountain" Arthur states with a laugh.

"Some of the weirder people even think that the god is buried underneath the mountain range and soon he will awaken' Arthur says in a spooky tone.

"Is that really true" Jon naively asks as he looks worriedly at Arthur.

Arthur just shrugs his shoulders "You can ignite flames out of your hands, but I do not consider you to be a god, stories change over time im sure maybe elements are true and some not" Arthur says.

Arthur walks up to Jon and claps him on the back "Come I need to show you something, but first let's go back to the cave and pack away anything we can use on our journey, I don't imagine we will find very many food sources that won't make us shit our guts uo" he says with a chuckle.