Chapter forty one - My real name

𓆩 𝓜𝓮𝓪 𓆪

𓆩 𝓜𝓮𝓪 𓆪

The police attack the club, pushing the door open with their guns in their hands, telling everyone to get out. My eyes widen, looking around for Nate.

I see him running down the stairs, Paul following closely behind him. He goes up to the police officer "Officer, i'm the owner of this place. What is the issue here?" he asks, looking around.

Everyone runs out in panic, making chaos around the place. I stand my ground, Sky to my side, holding me tight "What is happening?" she whispers to me.

I hold her "I don't fucking know, but its bad i can just feel it."

"Where is Paul Armani?" the officer asks, we all turn our heads to look at Paul, who frowns in confusion. When the officer figures out that who we're looking at is the guy he's looking for, he tucks in his gun and redraws his handcuffs, walking over to Paul saying:

"Paul Armani you're under arrest for the murder of Talia Elrod."

My heart falls, i gasp, my eyes widening as i watch the cop handcuffs Paul who looks at him with wide eyes "What?" Paul says.

"Wait! Officer, how is this possible?" Nate asks.

"His DNA was all over the body."

There is no way! There is no way Paul would ever do this! This is impossible, he loved Talia with all his heart. I know how much it hurt his soul when he died. There is a mistake, he couldn't have killed her.

The cop starts dragging Paul away, and its like it all clicks for him, he starts struggling, trying to hold his ground "Wait! This is impossible. I didn't fucking kill her, Navin! Say something. You know i wouldn't do this!"

"You-" Nate chokes "You lied about your name, i don't know what else to believe." he mutters.

"No!" Paul yells in anger "I didn't fucking kill her Navin! She was with me before she left that's why my DNA was all over her body, there's camera footage and you saw it with your own eyes. How could you believe this!" he shouts. The cop pulls him away with more force, he keep struggling, turning his head to look at Nate "You know i wouldn't do this!" he yells "I loved her." a tear falls rolling down his cheek "You know that more than anyone!"

I let go of Sky, running over to Nate, leaning in to whisper in anger "You know damn well he didn't do this, Nate."

"Navin!" he yells, but he's pulled out of the club, i follow after him, i watch as they put him in a police car.

Ny heart cracks. What the fuck just happened?

***

𝓟𝓪𝓾𝓵'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

I look like i'm staring at the road, but in reality my vision is almost black in thought. My face stays expressionless the whole ride to the police station where i'm going to be locked up for a murder that i didn't commit.

That's not whats hurting me most.

What's really stinging my heart is the fact that Navin; the man who i considered a best friend..A man i looked up to; didn't believe me.

Yes, i lied about my name. Yes, i lied about my past, my family. I'm a fake, everything about me is a lie from my name up to my personality. But that doesn't make me a murderer; especially not to a person my heart held love for, i'm not.

Why would i kill her? What motive do i have? Literally fucking nothing. Yet still, nobody even stepped in to say:

"Paul wouldn't kill someone, especially not Talia."

I know it wouldn't have changed anything, but it would have changed alot for me.

Is there evidence that i killed Talia? Just because my DNA was on her doesn't mean that i killed her. The camera footage shows that she was with me before she left the club. And it shows that i didn't leave my office until the police came in.. So, how did the police come up with the stupid fucking conclusion that i killed her?

Unless..

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

I finally focuse on the road, and the way we're going on definitely doesn't lead to the police station what so ever. Fuck, he found me.

Shit, he fucking found me. I'm dead.

"You're not a cop, are you?" i mumble, realization hitting me so suddenly.

"Took you long enough to figure that out, boy." the 'cop' who arrested me says.

"Where the fuck are you taking me?" i grit my teeth in anger, ready to lean in and head butt the man who's sitting in the front seat as he looks back at me. The two men sitting on each side of me hold me back.

"Don't act so excited, Damon." he says with a smirk.

I freeze. I freeze because there's only one person alive who knows my real name, the exact same person who i ran away from five years ago. The exact same fucking person they're taking me to now.

My uncle..

•••

A/N: Ahhhhhhh i'm bacckkkkk. I am so fucking excited for "Damon's" story 😉. I can't wait to reveal all of the secrets. Btw this is the last time we're seeing him in this book since he's being taken away as you guys read just now.

Are you excited too?

Stay beautiful 🤍.