Chapter thirty - Missing

♆ 𝓝𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓝𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷 ♆

♆ 𝓝𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓝𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷 ♆

I fill the glass in front of me with wine, making Paul click his tongue in disagreement of my actions before he grabs the bottle from me and places it beside him. Eddie is already drunk off his ass and he's laying on his stomach on the couch in my office, his mouth open as he snores.

"That's enough boss. You keep drinking and then Eddie keeps drinking and he's already wasted, i'm not in the mood to babysit you both tonight." he huffs, taking off his suit jacket.

I send him a stern look "I'm not drunk, Armani." i murmur.

"What's gotten into you? Is it because of her?" he asks, giving me that look.

Her. I know exactly who he means. God, her. I miss her so fucking much and its only been two days. I miss her scent, i miss her voice, i miss her green iris. When i took her to the airport i almost admitted it, i almost told her i love her. Oh, how much i love her. I didn't even realize it, it just wanted to slip out without my consent, i didn't think about it. My heart was pounding in my chest in that moment.

"Yeah, it's because of her." i put my hand on my chest; where my heart is "Something doesn't feel right, my chest feels tight, i feel like i'm drowning, i can't breathe. Something is wrong." i sigh.

I need to call her, i need to hear her voice. Some pain  in my chest tells me that there's something wrong. My gut in never wrong.

"She's with her father, am i right, bossman?" he asks and when i nod he continues "She'll be alright."

"You don't understand, Armani." i shake my head. That piece of shit is after her. Ever since she told me about him i've been cautious about our surroundings, and then she had to leave and i couldn't keep an eye on her anymore. She's so far away from me, what if she needs me, and i can't be there for her? What if something happens to her and i won't be in reach to help her? It would destroy me.

Once i fucking see that cunt, i'm going to fucking suffocate him to death, i'll look in his eyes and laugh as he fights for air, he's going to suffer for what he did to my girl.

"Make me understand, boss." he leans in, resting his elbows on his knees as he intertwine his hands together.

"Whats wrong with you tonight? You're not the Paul i know."

He takes a deep breath before leaning back on the couch, he spreads his legs before he cackles, he keeps his gaze away from me and i know something is wrong. He's lacking his usual enthusiasm and humor. Paul is a calm man, but he's also humorous and likes to joke and laugh. That's not been his case since few days and i've noticed it. I notice everything.

"Just.. Problems back home." he smoothly lies. If i didn't know him well i'd actually believe him.

"You don't have family, Armani." i scoff.