Chapter one - A piece of me

𓆩 𝓜𝓮𝓪 𓆪

𓆩 𝓜𝓮𝓪 𓆪

A beautiful girl, probably just got into her adult years is hugging her parents goodbye as they all cry. And once again; i'm reminded that i'm going to leave a piece of me behind when i get on that plane.

"Eat well, sleep well and please take care of yourself. Don't go out alone at night and always lock the doors." the woman says to the girl. Of course, its a motherly instinct, i know the mother is only thinking of how she'd sleep at night where her daughter isn't in the room next to hers.

I miss that feeling. The feeling where a person is so caught up in your life and they want the best for it, they'd yell at you for your own good, make the decisions you can't do for yourself for you, love you unconditionally since the day you were born. I miss my mother.

I hadn't realized that a tear slipped down from my eye, rolling down my cheek. I sniff and wipe it away, turning to look at my father. He's looking at me, eyes welled up in tears. His glasses hanging on the bridge of his nose and his gray hair is combed to perfection. My precious father.

"You miss her, don't you?" he runs his wrinkled hand down my hair, and my heart feels a little tighter that i'm going away and leaving him alone.

It hasn't been long since my mother passed. Maybe it is long, but i still live it like it happened just yesterday.

It was a year ago when my life fell completely apart. I refused to eat, sleep, bathe and do anything else really. All i wanted to do is cry my self to sleep and when i woke up i'd do it all over again. I dropped out of college when i was studying nursing; it was my dream. But i couldn't do it anymore. My mental health was wrecked, i couldn't focus on college so i just let it go.

Then, few months later - with the help of my father - i went to therapy, got treated for four months then i decided i didn't want to be at my hometown anymore. Its the place i was reminded that my mother died, and it was all because of me.

It was hard, leaving the place i grew up in, leaving my childhood friends. But what was hard the most is leaving my dad, the person who was there all along. If it wasn't for him, i'd probably be dead by now.

When i told him i'd wish to move to the city; he told me that there is nothing stopping me. He cut my ticket, ranted me an apartment in a good neighborhood and told me he'd do anything to make me happy and smile again.

In that hard phase of my life, i had forgotten that he lost mom too, it wasn't just me. And he dealt with it all by himself. A part of me didn't realize that back then because i was completely broken, but now that i've gotten a better view of everything around me my heart and mind hold so much guilt. I know he understands; but still i feel like i could have been there for him the same way he was there for me.

"I do." i nod my head "And now, i'll be missing you too." my voice cracks at that. His eyes softened and he pulled me into his chest.

"Oh honey. I will be okay. You have no idea how much proud of you i am. You pushed through your grief and you stood up on your feet and here you are; ready to start a new life better for you. Its all i ever wanted you to have." he cups my face, making me look up at him "All i want to see is your smile."