Chapter six - Come here

𓆩 𝓜𝓮𝓪 𓆪

𓆩 𝓜𝓮𝓪 𓆪

I try not to think about the embarrassment i went through with my boss today. Holy fuck, what is wrong with me? I'm not the talkative type of person. Especially after everything i went through i shut down from everyone completely. Yet, i sat down and explained what i felt for my boss. My fucking boss! He didn't even ask, i don't know why i went on and on to tell him my thoughts. I never do that.

He is no one to me. Therefore, i should stay away from interacting with him as best as i can. No way in hell am i facing him willingly after the shit i pulled.

I'm so stressed today. I can't even focus "Honey, pay attention." Talia snaps her fingers in front of my face, pulling me out of my thoughts.

The VIP section is a massive place, it has private rooms and an open space for people to join together. There is a stripper doing a private show on the pole for the men up here. And the VIP section also has its own bar. Its nice, but the men here aren't.

"I am paying attention." i sigh.

"Ever since you went to see Navin you've been on the edge. Did he say something wrong to you? Listen, i know he's a cold, expressionless man but i promise he's not mean. Whatever he said, he didn't mean it." she explains, putting a hand on my upper arm.

Expressionless? If anything, Nate is everything but expressionless.

"No, he didn't say anything wrong. Its just my first day at work you know. And i'm working at a strip club, i never stepped into a strip club before. All the rules are kind of odd to me." i sigh. And its true, when i was back in Boston; i didn't have time for that shit. I was studying nursing in college so i didn't exactly have time to learn. I never had time.

Whenever i try to remember a memory from my childhood or teenage years all i can remember is me sitting on my desk and burying my brain in my books. I always knew i wanted to be a nurse and i had to work really hard to get there. And then, everything was ruined. My dreams, my future was all gone after my mom left. I have been in the dark ever since.

"Mea, you zone out alot." Talia shakes me, pulling me from my thoughts "Come on. Take the tray and take the drink to the man in the navy suit."

I nod my head and pick up the tray from the bar counter. I take a deep breath and walk over to the man with the navy suit to serve him his drink. Here we go; first attempt.

His eyes get away from the man he's talking to and land on my tits. Of course; that's the first thing they look at. Freaks.

My palm is tingling, wanting to land a clean punch on his face but i keep reminding myself that i need this more than i need anything therefore i have to behave. So i push the murderous thoughts away and put a smile on my face as i reach him. I lean in slightly and push the tray in front of him. He takes the glass of burbon with a smirk plastered on his face "Thank you, beautiful girl."