Chapter ninteen - Christmas

♆ 𝓝𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓝𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷 ♆

♆ 𝓝𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓝𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷 ♆

"Merry Christmas." my niece; Love comes running to me when i get down stairs. I open my arms, leaning down to catch her running figure and i scoop her up, smothering her with kisses all over her face, she giggles, trying to get away from me. When i finally stop, she wraps her arms around my neck in a hug and i completely melt.

"Merry Christmas, darling." i rub her back "Wanna see the present i got for you?" i smile, pulling her away to look at her face, she smiles excitedly at me and nods her head yelling a "Yes."

I walk us to the living room; where the christmas tree is set along with all the gifts from me and her dad. He's there as well, sitting on the couch "Good morning brother, Merry christmas." he says, giving me a little smile.

"Merry christmas." i let Love down as she goes to open her presents and i walk up to him as he stands, giving him a hug and a clap on the back.

He's been doing great, he quit alcohol and he's more focused on his daughter now. He says he wants to spend as much time with her as he can and i am so glad he's finally recovering. Being diagnosed with cancer messed him up real bad. I never knew my brother to be a quitter, he's the fighter. He's my family and everything i have in this cruel life. He raised me, worked like hell to provide me food and comfort, he sent me to school, took care of me for years. When i found out he was diagnosed almost 8 months ago i lost my shit. He was being crazy at that time, asking me for money like a maniac. I truly thought something was wrong until he told me his salary isn't enough for the hospital bills. He went through it alone for so long until he struggled financially then he decided to tell me. I was devastated, i didn't talk to him for over two months because he was selfish. Then i remembered that he was my brother, he was protecting me from the grief of losing him, he knew i wouldn't survive that shit. I realized thats why he was reluctant about telling me. I forgave him, of course i did.

I pull away, giving him a smile. We both turn our heads into the direction Love is sitting when we hear her squeal happily, a big smile takes over my lips when i see she's opened the ipad i got her. She's been asking for one in so long "You like it, darling?" i ask.

"Yes." she gets up, running to hug my legs, i lean down and drop to one knee, giving her forehead a kiss "Thank you, Uncel Nat-Nat." she runs to open the other presents and i stand up, facing my brother with a grin on my face.

"You're good to her, Navin." he grabs my shoulder "I'm so glad someone is here for her in case i-"

"Don't say it." i glare "Don't say that shit, i hate it." i grab the back on his neck sternly, a way to show him my support "You can get through it, i know you will."

"I'm working on it." he nods. Giving me a smile. He looks over at his daughter, gleam in his eyes and so much love "I hope i'm doing good by her."

"You are, brother. Don't doubt yourself not even for a moment. She adores you." i reassure.