chapter 8

"What time is it Emma?" (Y/N) searches for her pocket watch in her bag and dares not to look at Emma's eyes. Knowing her, she probably has her phone in her pocket.

And to her amusement, the (H/C)-haired girl is right.

Emma digs her phone out and turns it on, reading 01:43 PM. She turns her head and happily informs her the time. (Y/N) nods, still exploring her void-of-a-schoolbag. She normally doesn't keep her things organized, and even if she did, it would still end up messy, so why bother?

She curses under her breath. "Where is it . . ?"

"What're you looking for?" Emma leans forward, curious.

"It's not really important. Just my stupid pocket watch." She answers. She grumbles and the rustling sounds intensify. At this point, she seems to be a lot more aggressive.

"Dammit."

A sigh escapes her mouth. She zips her bag closed and hoists it on her shoulder, looking straight in front of her. "Emma, remind me to give something to the sleepy cyclops, 'cause I could care less about him."

Emma hums, chuckling. "Are, are you talking about Ray?"

"Who else?"

"You two aren't close, huh?"

"It's his problem, honestly, I don't think he likes me." She side-glances at her, looking quite dull.

Emma shakes her head, denying her claim. "That's simply not true, I don't think anyone has ever disliked you, (Y/N)." She states.

"Well, guess he's my first hater then." She giggles, the tone of a joking manner hinting in her flawless voice. She runs her fingers through her hair, sweeping off the excess locks of hair from her face. "Anyways, what class do you have next?"

"Hmm, english, I think." She smiles at her, "How about you?"

"Math, I'll probably just skip it." She sighs exaggeratedly, relaxing her shoulders just a bit. Emma pinches the bridge of her nose, processing what (Y/N) just said.

"(Y/N) you—"

"It's sarcasm, Emma."

"I- I see . . ."

"What?" (Y/N) raises her brow, "Do I not sound sarcastic enough?"

"No, you're just so sarcastic, to the point that I can't tell if you're even being sarcastic or not." She explains to her. She nods her head, understanding.

"Oh, 'kay then."