chapter 6

Norman is in the Student Council room, organizing some paperwork and assignments, while the others work on their own business. Despite being in his second year in high school, he managed to become Student Council President, or what (Y/N) likes to say, "S.C.P."

She's friends with him, meeting each other way back in middle school. She'd stop by in the Student Council room from time to time, mostly because to skip class. But, since she's working on her behavior, it's been a little too quiet for Norman's liking.

He is able to go to class, but he's been so caught up with work that he thought it'd be best if he'll have some private lessons after school hours.

"Hey," A voice startles Norman. He turns around and sees Ray, entering silently and immediately collapsing on the couch that's closest to the door. Norman laughs and stares at him for a bit.

"Didn't get any sleep?" He asks, looking back at the papers.

Ray has a brief moment of silence, then hums. "You could say that."

"Nightmare?"

"No . . ? Well, I don't think so." Ray sighs. "I wouldn't say it was terrifying. It's, it's weird."

"Hmm, tell me more." Norman aspires to become a mental health doctor in the future, which is the main reason why he listens to Ray's troubles and issues intently.

"Well, I was running aimlessly in this dark void, and this stupid voice keeps telling me stuff for some reason—" Ray stops talking as the door is, yet again, opened, but much louder.

Their eyes lay on (Y/N), who's hair is as messy as ever. She's panting heavily, small droplets of sweat rolling down her face to her chin, and panic hints in her eyes.

"Nor, you gotta help me man." She runs up to him, grabbing him by his shoulders. Ray stares at them in disbelief, assuming that his best friend is acquainted with her specifically.

"What's wrong (N/N)?" Norman's face contorts into a worried expression.

"My friend asked if she should wear her green headband or yellow headband for gym class later." She explains, still panicking.

"Okay?"

"I can't tell the difference!" To show him, she whips out two, elastic headbands; the one in the right is the green one whilst the opposing headband is yellow. His brows slightly knit together, confused.

"She's just colorblind Norman." Ray speaks, breaking (Y/N)'s focus on the President. "I've noticed it in class; go with yellow." He points at the vibrant color with his index, his eyes on her.

(Y/N) feels a little flustered when he hears Ray's first sentence. She is aware that she's colorblind to yellow, but it's quite embarrassing that he knows about it.

"Oh, thanks . . ." Her voice lowers. Her figure motions more cowardly as she walks out of the room, a shy giggle echoing.

"Weirdo."