chapter 4

"Kill me Norman, kill me now." Ray muttered as Norman seated himself in front of him. Like any other day, Ray would visit the student council room to complain to Norman, his best friend, about the 'annoying girl' that's in his class.

Norman chuckled and crossed his legs. "What did she do this time?" He asked with a tired smile raising his cheeks. Ray groaned when his words left his mouth.

"She kept giggling at something stupid. I think she was on her phone? I dunno." He rolled his eyes as he explained what (Y/N) did earlier. "Like, giggle a little quieter, if you will!"

"It seems like you like her, Ray." Norman said, causing Ray to gasp, offended.

"Are you okay Norman? Is your brain jacked up? Why would I like her?!"

"Well, you've been talking about her for the past week and a half," He explained. "Sure, I may not be in your class but if I were your classmate, I'd think you're in love with (Y/N)."

Ray's jaw clenches when he's reminded by that conversation he had with Norman not so long ago. It pisses him off for some reason. The fact that Norman accuses Ray of liking (Y/N). How insane, he'd think.

He's currently in his home, slumping on the dining table as his mother cooks him and her husband dinner. Ray's father notices the weird aura radiating around him, which makes him curious.

"Ray, is something the matter?" He asks in his usually gentle tone. Ray looks up from the table, shrugging his shoulders in response. The man chuckles and leans on his chair. "Someone bothering you in school?"

"Hush Leslie, it's just a girl in his class." Isabella speaks up, her voice slightly echoing.

Their son jumps in his seat as tints of red begin to smother his face. "Mom! It's not like that!" He yells, receiving laughs and giggles from both of his parents.

"No need to be shy about it sweetie." She smiles, "You know, I was just like you when I met your father in high school."

"He's always so quiet, playing that crummy mandolin he'd brought to school."

"Hey." Leslie chuckles, playfully glaring at his wife.

"I don't like her, mom." He sounds firm, but neither are still convinced. Isabella rolls his eyes and concentrates back to her cooking, while Leslie gets up and approaches the book shelves.

"Okay Ray, keep denying it." She sings, causing him to grumble in annoyance.