chapter 7

"Alrighty kiddos—looks like (Y/N) is late as always—let's begin class, shall we?" The gym teacher, Ms. Krone, claps her hands together, the volume of the sound causing them to focus on her.

"We'll be doing something simple today, not to tricky. Just run as many laps throughout the field as many times as you can. I'll be checking your speed and stamina. That fine with y'all?" She smiles brightly at them. Her students either hum, nod, or give her the thumbs up, which Krone accepts.

"Great! Now get change into your gym uniform and get your shoes ready." She orders, "I'll see you guys, outside, in a few."

Just as she said those words, (Y/N) bursts through the door, pressing her palms against her lap to catch her breath. Krone chuckles softly and approaches her, her shadow casting over the girl.

"Good day (Y/N), why're you late this time?" Her voice is sweet and carefree, yes, but almost all the students think it's the end for their classmate. She's strong. She could split the principal in half if she wanted to. It's a known fact not to mess with her.

But, (Y/N) being as carefree as the adult, shows no sign of fear and explains her reason of tardiness in no time. Amazing, her classmates think to themselves.

"Ah, I see." Krone hums, understanding. "So Ray's hiding in the Student Council room?"

She nods, looking up at her with boredom in her eyes.

"Well," She slips her hand in her pocket and pull out two, red paper strips. In this school, receiving a red paper strip basically means you will be sent to detention. She grabs her marker, removes the cap, and writes down when they'll go to detention.

She hands them to her, and she reads each strip.

(Y/N) - 3 PM
Ray - 3 PM

'Blep.' (Y/N) sticks out her tongue as a deadpanned expression changes her face. She looks at Krone and nods, shoving the strips in her skirt's pocket.

"Now go get changed; you'll be running three extra laps for your delay."

It isn't like (Y/N) could argue back at her, she had an attitude to fix. She nods, understanding and jogs towards her friend, (B/F/N). She gives (Y/N) an awkward giggle, which results to her getting slapped with her two headbands.

" . . . Pick the yellow one, idiot."