46

Steffano's POV
“Sir, I just got word, your family is back home safe.” one of my guys informed me.

“Are they hurt in any way?” I asked, still looking at the shelf that has become my somewhat way of thinking I'm looking outside my office view in New York.

“No sir, they were not even scared at all. Turns out Montero didn't do anything to them. He treated them as guests.” he smiled, I could feel it radiate off him even if my back was turned away from him. “That was kind of him sir, didn't think he had a heart.”

“You don't say.” I shook my head turning to him. “If he had a heart, he wouldn't have killed all those innocent lives in my hotels and ships.”

“But sir, your family is safe, isn't that more important?” he asked.

“So you saying other people's lives don't matter but my family's?”

“No,” he tried to answer. “All I'm trying-”

“Nevermind that.” I interrupted him. “Alexia,” I sat down looking up at him. “Where is she?”

He then just looked at me trying to think of what to say and I did not like it because he was looking anywhere else but at me.

“Alexia, where is she?” I repeated.

“Sir I-”

“My sister?!” I banged my desk standing up. He stuttered a little but he was still looking away.

Look at me damnit!” he flinted. “I asked you a question and if I have to repeat myself I swear, the only thing you'll be getting out of here with is a body bag.” by the look on his face, you could see he was terrified. As he should. “Now, I'll ask you one more time.” I spoke in more slow and calmer voice. “Where...is...my... sister?”

He looked at me and opened his mouth but nothing came out. “Sir, I...uhmm,”

Where is she?!” I yelled.

She's dead sir!”  he yelled with the same amount of force as me to indicate he was both scared and terrified at what I might do or say.
“She came back in a body bag.” it was more of a whisper and I didn't want to quite believe him.

What?” I asked, looking at him more intensively.

“She's gone.” he said in a louder voice.

No...no...” I  shook my head as I stumbled back to my desk and I held on to it like it was the only thing that could give me support.

It's impossible, she can't die, I promised, I promised mama that I would care for her, keep her safe. I promised.

As tears welled in my eyes, I moved back to my seat and buried my face in my hands and I cried. I cried for failing her, for failing mama and for breaking my promise.

“Sir I think you would like to hear something else.” the guy interrupted. I looked up, with tears still in my eyes because I knew, if he didn't say something worthy of my attention, I was going to kill him. And that was a sure promise.

“Miss Alexia sir, she was pregnant.” he looked away.

My world stopped. Everything in it stopped. My heart's rate decreased and everything felt like it was both zooming in and closing down on me.

She was pregnant. Alexia was pregnant.

I think at that moment, it wasn't about what could happen to me or how it was gonna happen, I was going to kill Kalani Jacobson and she was going to die the same way Alexia died. And that was a sure thing. Suddenly, I felt so much anger and rage for her and her stupid little babies.

And to think I tried to keep her alive is so pathetic of me.

“How did she die?” I asked him standing up trying to even my breathing so to concentrate.

“She was strangled sir.” he moved out the way as I passed him going straight to Kalani's room.

The moment I got there, she was asleep and I took out my phone and dialed Alexia's phone because I knew Montero still had it. He answered on the second ring.

“You killed her.” I spoke first. “After I had told you to let them go, you killed her.” I whispered, breaking down. I removed the phone away from my ears and I looked up trying to stop the tears from falling.

“She disrespected my queen.” that was his answer. Without emotion nor regret. He didn't even seem touched at all. Like he was waiting for me to call, and tell me all the shit I could and couldn't do because he could still get to me.

“She was pregnant, did you know that?”

“Yes I did.” he replied in a stoic voice.

“But you still killed her. I'm sure she begged you to stop, why didn't you Montero, why!?” I yelled.

“I told you, she disrespected my queen. Even if she had a nation of children waiting for her, I still would have killed her.”

“But she was your friend.” I tried to reason.

“And those privileges went out the window the moment she called Kalani a bitch.” he gritted his teeth, anger radiating out of him.

“Yea, you just kill right, everything and everyone just for her. For her babies and you don't care who you mess with at the end right?” I squated down, looking at Kalani and her big belly.

Maybe my sister could have had a tummy like that. I thought. Maybe even bigger. I was going to spoil that kid with all I could have. With all I could give, I would love him/her unconditionally. And now, now I will never have that chance. And I can't have it, why must Montero have it?

Why must Kalani live to see her babies, why does she get the chance to see them grow, cry, take their first steps, say their first words when my sister didn't even get to see her belly grow?

No, that would be unfair.

“She deserves the world.” he replied.

“Right,” I stood up walking to her until I got to the head of the bed near her. “And what world would she deserve if she was dead?” I asked.

“You wouldn't dare.” I could hear the scraping sound of a chair being forcably moved.

“Yea, well...let's see how long she will hold on and how she will react having her last moments with me, begging me to stop straggling her like my sister did, and most importantly, begging me to not kill her babies like my sister begged you to stop but you didn't.”

I dropped the call, moved closer to Kalani and I started straggling her.

**********************************************
My humans❤️❤️❤️

Off course I missed y'all much and my heart is so at peace having to write this chapter. I know a few people probably hate me for now and I'm sorry but you know, things will turn around for the betterment, I hope.

Our journey is almost at it's end and it's got to have last minute twists😁😁😁

But this author loves y'all. And I hope y'all won't be mad at me for long.💞💞💞