....8.....

Johnathan's POV

30 minutes later

Matt: Sir I am outside.

Johnathan: Ok come in, it's open. Just come straight to my office.

Matt: Sir.

***************

When Matt got to my office, he looked really tired. I couldn't help but ask.

“Are you ok Matt?” I think he could sense the concern in my voice because he immediately looked at me. But not in a way I was expecting.

He looked at me weirdly. Now that's my cue to stop acting kind.

“Nevermind that. You said you recorded the conversation. Bring it. I want to hear it now.” He gave me his phone and I started the recording.

I promise Kalani, we are going to get through all of this. And if that twat don't wanna take responsibility, I will be the father of your child.”

“Really?”

“Yes. I may not be male, but it will be like a second mother. But way cooler. There is that million-dollar smile. I will do everything in my power to ensure that kid is educated and that she has a lot of toys to play with.”

“How can you be sure it's a girl?”

“Trust me, it's a girl.”

I heard some soft chuckles from both girls and the recording continued.

And as I was saying, I will provide her with everything that she will ever need. I will be her friend when she doesn't have any and I will always be there to wipe her tears when she cries like being with her mother.”

I heard some shuffles and the same voice continued.

“Kalani, I will not let you do this alone. I will be there for every checkup and every scan and I will be there when you look big and swollen and like a balloon.”

“Don't say that. I won't be big.”

“ I know. But I will be there regardless. I will walk with you at 2 a.m. so you can get your crazy cravings and I will be there when you bring this little one to life. And you know what, I will love her as my own.”

“Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I am not even sure that I am pregnant.”

“I know. But still, I want you to know that I got you, girl. Always. I got you.”

(The conversation on the left is Kalani, and on the right is Eva and the bold in real-time.)

*****************

After I heard the recording I knew that Roman was screwed. His boasting didn't help because now he may have a child on the way with a girl he doesn't even remember. And I know that he will not accept this child as his own.

Even if Kalani did a DNA test. Kalani does seem that comes from a good family and her father would want Kalani's baby to be raised in a stable home.