42

Montero's POV
“Where to now sir?” Manny asked.

“Home. ” I have been prolonging to see Reiley, mainly because I know that I have alot to explain and I wouldn't know where to start. As I rubbed my forehead to try and subside the headache that was about to start, my phone rang and it was my father.

Off course he had to make my day go sideways.

I wasn't on bad turns with my father but I wasn't on good terms either. He was just my father. Someone who was a sperm donor to my birthing. He only saw me as business transaction, and I was sure he was phoning because some of my guys may have done something to his business.

“Father, what a lovely surprise.” I answered the call sarcastically.

“I heard Reiley was back. I want to have dinner with y'all tonight. Liam and Maria will be there too. We are coming to yours.” he said in his stoic voice.

What?!

What do you mean you coming for dinner? I didn't invite y'all to my house?” I interjected. “Yall can't come unannounced.” I continued

“Thats why I'm telling you now.” he answered casually.

“No! Nobody is coming to my house, especially Liam and his wife.” I snarled with thought of him.

“Oh come on. Non puoi essere ancora arrabbiato per questo. È una vecchia notizia. Cresci figlio. ” I could hear him semi laughing in the background.

“No one is coming to my house. And that is final.” there is no way I could spend my night with them. I would kill someone.

“Oh but I have already invited them. We coming son, see you tonight at 7 o'clock.” he then ended the call.

Shit! I banged the car seat. Shit, shit shit.

“Is everything ok sir?” Manny asked looking at the rearview mirror.

“No.” I looked down rubbing my temples. “Father decided it was a good idea to have dinner with his lovely children and Liam's wife off course.”

I have never address Maria as Maria after she married Liam. I figured if she wanted to belong to this family name, she must at least be called Liam's wife because there was no way she could called Mrs Montero. The moment she switched sides, she became Liam's wife, not Mrs Montero. That title now belonged to Kalani.

“So what you gonna do now sir?” Manny asked.

“Have dinner with them off course, and well try and not get anyone killed.”

_____________
When I got home, the first thing that welcomed me was the smell of blueberry muffins. Reiley always loved to bake them for me everytime she came back. It was more like her signature greet. She knew that I loved blueberry muffins, but I only loved hers. She made hers with a little touch of home.

She bought home to me. No, she was my home, and soon to be, Kalani and my triplets will also be my home.

Please be safe.

I whispered. Hoping that she was good and our babies ok.

“I didn't come back to see you cry you know.” she said, coming out of nowhere. The next thing I knew, Rei was kissing my face with sloppy disgusting kisses. It was more like how we greeted each other. The one who saw the other first would give them sloppy kisses.

I just welcomed them and her childish vanilla and rose scent. For the first time I didn't run or try to hide from her. I welcomed them because for the longest of time, it was the only thing that felt normal. For a second, my mom was ok, Johnathan was nagging and the guys were just bratty and childish.