CHAPTER 31

TAEHYUNG POV

Jungkook and I somehow managed to finish the abundance of food I had brought and we were presently sitting at the edge of the cliff, admiring the scenery with a glass of coke in our hands.

The sun was shining blindingly with its rays setting a golden glow on us. The yellow ball of fire went down lower in the sky with each passing minute, leaving behind an array of colours ranging from orange to pink on the once blue canvas.

"It's really beautiful," Jungkook breathed out for the umpteenth time.

I simply hummed in agreement.

None of us realised when the whole day went by. We ate, talked, joked and played around. Time really flies fast when you're having fun. For the first time in a while, I felt free and truly happy.

We had already packed everything up, the grill had been cleaned, the tablecloths folded, the plates washed and piled up. We were pretty much ready to leave the place.

Yet, there was one thing I knew I needed to do. Or rather, say.

Jungkook got up to place his empty glass on the table, without suspecting how nervous I was getting. With wobbling legs, I inhaled sharply before also getting up and following him. He raised an eyebrow when he saw me standing in front of him.

It felt like the setting sun provided the perfect atmosphere for my confession and I knew it was my last chance to tell him everything truthfully. If I let go of this opportunity, I might never have the courage to do so again.

"Ac-actually, I wanted to tell you some-something," I stuttered. I didn't mean to appear this nervous but I couldn't help it.

Jungkook hummed, indicating me to go ahead.

However, I couldn't get a word out. I started to rock on my heels and fiddle with my fingers, my anxiety levelling up. Jungkook seemed to have noticed how jittery I had become for he asked, "hyung, is everything okay?"

I nodded swiftly. "Y-yeah... it's just you have to- to promise me to listen till the very end and not to freak out or- or run away before I finish," I said.

He took my hands in his own ones and affirmed, "I promise I won't. Now tell me, what's wrong?" I looked up to meet his pretty doe eyes peering curiously at me. Along with the curiosity, there was also concern dancing in his brown orbs.

"I- I really don't know where to start," I admitted, looking down at my feet.

"Start from the beginning," he said softly. He squeezed my hands a little, an action which never failed to comfort me.

I took a deep breath. Okay that's it. It's now or never.

"From the very beginning, you've always been there for me and I've always enjoyed having you by my side," I began, holding onto his hands tightly. I felt my whole frame begin to shake but I did my best to keep myself composed by taking deep breaths in between my words.

"You were always there and we spent so much time together that sometimes it felt like you were a part of me, like we were the same soul in different bodies if that makes any sense. You helped me so much ever since I came to Seoul, and I always felt at ease when you were around. And throughout the years, it all developed into deeper feelings. I started feeling this need to always be by your side, to care for you, to always protect you."

At this point, I couldn't look him in the eyes anymore. Maybe I was afraid of what emotions I would find in there. My hands became sweaty. They slipped away a little in Jungkook's hands so that he was holding them loosely compared to his tight hold earlier.