CHAPTER 13

^ someone pls tell me what colour even is his hair. I spent hours trying to figure out whether it's grey or blonde or some light brown coz it looks different in different lighting!

THIRD PERSON POV

It was the day everyone had been awaiting. All the boys were as nervous as excited. They had just finished their last rehearsal and they were heading back to the hotel to get some rest before getting ready for the red carpet. 

After being urged by Jimin, Taehyung decided to head with Jungkook to the younger's room. Taehyung at first doubted that it would be a good idea to keep Jungkook away from Haesoo because he could not possibly isolate him from all human contact. That would not be fair. But he decided to go along with it after having been convinced by Jimin.

The now brown-haired boy -- the silver colour had begun to fade shortly after the comeback and he had got it dyed to a rather dirty blonde, almost brown, colour -- crashed onto the bed the moment he entered Jungkook's hotel room, eliciting a small chuckle from the younger.

He closed the door behind him before running up to where Taehyung lay flat on his stomach on the bed and jumped on him, making the poor boy let out a groan as he tried pushing the stronger boy off of him. "Ge-get up, y-you muscle pig!" He cried, his voice getting muffled by the mattress which was pressing against his mouth.

Jungkook giggled and rolled off of him to land beside him and the older turned on his back, taking in exaggeratedly deep breaths. "You almost killed me there!" He exclaimed, making Jungkook laugh out loud again at his hyung's dramatic antics.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook laughing by his side, the sight bringing a fond smile to his own lips. After a while, the younger quieted down, a comfortable silence settling between the two as Jungkook stared up at the ceiling. Taehyung's eyes remained glued to his side profile and it was after some minutes that the black-haired male turned his head to his side and looked at the older who had been staring at him for way longer than he should have. "Nervous for tonight, hyung?" He asked, breaking the silence.

Taehyung chuckled at that. "What do you think?"

Jungkook just chuckled back at him, knowing all too well that his question had been a stupid one. They were all extremely nervous about this, almost anxious about anything going wrong. It's not like it was their first time attending an american award show - they had been to the Billboard Music Awards earlier that year - but it was the first time they would be performing at one and the thought had their nerves in a mess. Sure it was exciting but also nerve-wracking.

Another wave of silence settled over them but that one didn't last long as the bell to the room rang a few times. Jungkook got up from his spot to open the door and was surprised to see their stylists standing there. He looked at his watch and said, "but it's still so early. Do we have to get ready already?"

One of them nodded, explaining that they had decided to leave earlier than scheduled due to the traffic that might delay them. "I think you were sent a text about it, if I'm not wrong," she also added as the boy let them in. He took out his phone from his pocket and checked his messages.

And certainly there was a message about them having to leave sooner than planned. Well you can't blame him for not having seen it, he rarely opened his messages anyway.

Being aware of Taehyung's presence in Jungkook's room - he had let them know earlier that he would be getting ready there itself - the older's own stylists had headed there as well. It wasn't too long before both of them were clad in all black clothes with their make-up done and hair styled perfectly, somehow managing to be even more good-looking than they already were.