CHAPTER 15

^ This was legendary, especially the Spring Day dance break and that beat for DNA😍 (the performance starts at 02:30, it's from KBS song festival 2017)

+This chapter originally had around 5400 words before I decided to make it into 2 chapters of 2700 words each lol

THIRD PERSON POV

After getting dressed into his fancy stage outfit, Taehyung walked into the green room to get his hair and make-up done. The sight he was greeted with left him grumbling to himself.

There was Jungkook sitting in front of a mirror, deeply engaged in a conversation with his stylist who turned out to be none other than - well you guessed it - Haesoo. The busy month of December was practically coming to an end and it was the last festival they were attending for the year of 2017 and it had been the same for all the previous ones.

On top of that, since she worked as a BigHit stylist, they often met her at the company, when they had to try or discuss about the outfits. And with each encounter, Jungkook and her seemed to be getting closer. They had exchanged numbers almost a fortnight ago and had been frequently texting ever since.

Most of the members found their friendship adorable, mostly because it was quite rare for Jungkook to get comfortable around someone that fast. But maybe it was something about the fact that both shared so much in common that got them talking so often to each other. Of course, they were just friends though and Jungkook had made it clear to his members when Jin had been teasing him about it in the beginning.

Even the members themselves had gotten friendly with the stylist. The latter was passionate about baking and often brought them pastries when she made some, knowing how they all loved them. Perhaps that was what made the boys like her so much. Honestly, just give them some churros and they would fall in love with you! Everyone loved eating after all.

Taehyung, however, was a whole other story. Sure, he was rather friendly with Haesoo but it was only out of politeness. He didn't hate her or anything but he didn't see the point in being too friendly with her either since he was still bitter about her friendship with the boy he was fondly in love with.

Whenever the boys talked about her, Taehyung would not really participate in the conversation. He would just space out or busy himself with his phone and his expression would change when he would hear Jungkook talking about how well he got along with her.

His jaw would tighten, his eyes would darken and his hands would ball up into fists as he would try to regain his composure but he just couldn't bear living through all this once again, especially now that everything seemed to have taken a quicker pace. And so, he would just excuse himself to the bathroom and the members would never suspect anything or find his behaviour strange, except for Jimin of course.

That's why, right after the stylists were done with him, he stormed out of the green room, refusing to remain in there any longer. The sound of Jungkook laughing at something Haesoo said had started to become unbearable to him. He was the one who made him giggle like that before.

Taehyung sat on a bench in a deserted hallway. He was alone, deep in thoughts, the loud music coming from the large stage barely registering in his mind. Any external sound only felt like white noise to him as his own thoughts consumed him.

He couldn't seem to get the images of Jungkook and Haesoo out of his head, it was almost as if they were haunting him. And what was worse was the fact that it was not their recent interactions that flashed in his mind but the ones from his time, the time before he travelled back in time, the time when the two were even closer than now.

He let his face fall into his hands with his elbows on his knees in sheer desperation. The brunette didn't notice when another boy with the exact same hair colour as his plopped down on the bench right beside him, placing a hand on his shoulder. Taehyung got startled, immediately lifting his head with his eyes wide.