CHAPTER 21

THIRD PERSON POV

Before he could react, Taehyung's lips had already come in contact with Jungkook's. 

If Taehyung had to describe what this lip-to-lip contact felt like, he would describe it as an electric shock. It didn't last for more than a few milliseconds as his eyes snapped open instantly as he felt his lips touching the flesh.

He saw the younger's widened eyes looking back at him and he immediately got up in haste, his own eyes even wider than Jungkook's. He awkwardly stood there for a few seconds, his mouth opening and closing like that of a goldfish, unable to say anything.

With his mind clogged and not functioning properly, he did the first thing that he could think of: he ran out of the practice room as fast as he could, leaving behind a baffled Jungkook still on the floor.

Taehyung ran and ran until he was out of the building. He finally came to a stop in a park close to the company. He was panting heavily, his heart racing from both the recent incident and his short marathon. He leaned his back against a tree, trying to catch his breath, his brain still processing what had happened.

As the event replayed in his mind, his right hand found its way to his lips, his fingers lightly grazing the flesh as he remembered how he had pressed them against Jungkook's lips. "Aaaaagh!!!" he yelled in frustration.

He wanted to rip out his hair at his stupidity. What was he even thinking?! Jungkook probably didn't even want to see him now, he was probably completely disgusted by him right now. He recalled how shocked the younger had looked, how his doe eyes had been wide open but he hadn't been able to read the emotions they held since he, himself, had been shocked by his own actions.

He had to lash out about it to someone and he knew exactly who could help him in such a situation. He took his phone out of the pocket of his sweatpants and dialled a number.

"Hey, Tae, where are you? Didn't you say you were on your way to the dorm like half an hour ago?" asked the person on the other line.

"Jiminieee," whined Taehyung. "I did something really stupid and now I don't know what to do!"

"What is it? You didn't murder anyone, did you?"

"What? Of course not!"

"As long as you didn't kill anyone, it should be fine," declared Jimin. "Just tell me where you are and I'll come. You can tell me what happened then."

Taehyung told him where exactly he was in the park and in less than five minutes, Jimin had already arrived. He found Taehyung in a lonely part of the park, sitting by himself next to a tree. As soon as he spotted the older, Taehyung ran into his arms, hugging him tightly. "Jimin-ah, he's going to hate me," he cried.

"Hey, hey, what happened? Who's going to hate you?" Jimin asked while soothingly rubbing the younger's back.

"Jungkook," Taehyung simply said and it was enough for Jimin to tighten his hold on him. None of them spoke for a while until Jimin felt like it was now okay to let go of the younger. He pulled away and put his hands on Taehyung's shoulders. "Okay, now tell me what happened," he demanded.

A moment of silence followed before Taehyung finally replied, "I kissed Jungkook."

"WHAT?!"

Taehyung remained silent, eyes staring at the grass underneath his feet. Jimin's widened eyes scanned him for moment and realising that he wasn't joking, he asked, "okay...so how did that happen?"

"I don't know," whined Taehyung, his hands reaching up to cover his own face as he leant onto Jimin's shoulder. "I didn't mean to..."

Jimin patted his back to show support and said, "just tell me what happened. What was Jungkook's reaction?"