CHAPTER 7

THIRD PERSON POV

"2017"

Taehyung's eyes widened. This was not possible, there was no way he had travelled 3 years back but every element seemed to confirm that he had. He just refused to believe it.

"A-are you sure Jimin? You're not jo-joking, are you?" He asked, though he knew the boy wasn't. 

Jimin shook his head. "What's wrong with you today? You were totally fine yesterday. Why do you even look so surprised about the date?"

Utterly distressed, Taehyung got up from the bed and started pacing back and forth in the room, completely ignoring Jimin's questions. "This- this can't be happening, it's impossible!" He murmured over and over again, his hands eventually finding their way to his hair to tug at it in frustration.

Jimin turned to friend, confused at his odd behaviour. "What can't be happening? What's impossible?" He demanded only to be ignored yet again while the other just kept chanting those words.

The older of the two ran a hand through his hair and let out an exasperated sigh at the lack of response. He stopped his friend from walking any further by placing a hand on his shoulder and turning him around, holding him steadily by the shoulders. "What are you talking about?"

Taehyung's eyes were still wide open, looking scared and panicked. He looked like he was about to lose his mind if he hadn't already. He shook his head vigorously, again muttering some words of disbelief to himself. "I can't be here. I shouldn't be here. How do I go back?"

Jimin shook his shoulders, bringing him out of his thoughts. "Tae, look at me, calm down and take in a deep breath," he instructed as he watched the boy slowly start to relax yet still looking slightly alarmed.

He brought Taehyung to his bed again, making him sit down with him and stared right into his eyes, trying to decipher what was wrong with the younger. "Listen, Tae," he started in a calm voice, "I don't know what got you worked up or what you've been muttering about but please talk to me. Tell me everything so that I can help you."

He finished with a reassuring smile. It gave Taehyung this feeling of tranquility as he stared back at Jimin, his big eyes returning back to normal. "I-I don't know... I don't understand, it just feels surreal and- and how can I explain when I, myself, have no idea about what's going on?" He said desperately.

Jimin patted his back, telling him that it was okay and that he should take his time to gather his thoughts. "Start from the beginning. Tell me why you feel so panicked suddenly, why you screamed this morning, what happened when you woke up."

Taehyung thought about it and sighed. "Will you really believe me if I tell you?" He asked. Whatever he was about to say was so incredible that even he would not have believed it if someone told him something like that.

"Of course I will! Why wouldn't I? You know you can tell me anything, right? I'm here for you," Jimin comforted him, now rubbing soothing patterns on his back.

"Because even I don't believe myself right now," he mumbled but decided to tell the boy regardless.

"Okay, listen," Taehyung began, turning his body so he would be facing the other properly. He then took both of Jimin's hands in his as the latter waited for him to start speaking up. "So, I woke up this morning and the sun was hitting my face."

'That's pretty normal, you've been complaining about that for weeks now!' Jimin thought but let the boy continue nevertheless.

"I looked around the room and it looked different. I mean, I hadn't gone to sleep here and these were not what I was wearing when I fell asleep last night," Taehyung went on, gesturing to his pyjamas.