CHAPTER 25

I know I said I would be taking a break but since the last chapter was not that satisfactory and since the single also came out 3 days ago, I decided to still update! And also, this chapter is the longest I've ever written. I hope you're going to enjoy the 3644 words ahead! ;)

THIRD PERSON POV

Jungkook sat on a small couch in a living room decorated in vibrant colours which highly contrasted the atmosphere it was plunged in. The boy had a cup of warm coffee in his hands. It had been piping hot when it had been handed to him.

Jungkook had been sitting in the same spot for 20 minutes already with the cup in between his hands. He had remained still during the whole time, just like the other person who was sitting across him.

"Why did you agree?" The person, Haesoo, asked softly as if scared that raising her voice any louder would disrupt something significant.

Jungkook let out an audible sigh. "What about you?" He asked just as softly, speaking for the first time since he had gotten here. "Why did you agree?" He looked up to scan the expression on the older woman's face, but it was stoic.

She seemed completely serious. "Just answer me, Jungkook," she sternly demanded.

The younger man let out another sigh. He placed his untouched cup of coffee on the table in front of him before leaning back in his seat. With a shrug, he replied, "because, as I've said before, I have no problem in marrying you."

"You should!" exclaimed Haesoo in a booming voice, completely different from the low one she had been using a few moments prior. "You should have a problem, Jungkook! You're still young, way too young to get married! You have your whole life in front of you! Why do you want to ruin it all by getting tied up in this marriage?!"

"How about you? Aren't you too young to get married too? You're only 3 years older than me!" retorted Jungkook.

"This is not about me, okay-" began Haesoo but got interrupted by Jungkook speaking up again.

"Why are you doing this? Tell me the truth. I know you didn't want to. What did they do to convince you? Are they forcing you into this?"

Haesoo shook her head. "No, I willingly agreed to it. It was a conscious decision," she admitted, looking away. When she glanced back at Jungkook, she saw the confused expression on his face and understood that she was being asked to explain further.

"During the week I spent in Busan, my parents brought in several suitors for me to meet. It was then that I realised there's no getting out of this, they're just so adamant on getting me engaged at least. I thought about it and eventually agreed to get married to you because I thought it would be better to spend my life with someone I know instead of a complete stranger," she said, still avoiding Jungkook's eyes.

"But then shouldn't you be happy about it? That you won't have to get married to someone you know nothing about?" questioned Jungkook. "Why are you so upset over me agreeing as well?"

Haesoo sighed heavily. "I realised I was being selfish, Jungkook. I never asked you anything about it and just decided everything by myself. And I'm truly sorry about that," she apologised and paused. "You still have the opportunity to back off from this marriage. Please do it," she practically begged.

Jungkook looked at her blankly for a few seconds before answering, "but noona, what about you?"

Haesoo let out another painful sigh. "Don't worry about me, Jungkook-ah. You're still so young. You still have so much time to find someone you like and spend your life with them," she reasoned.