CHAPTER 14

THIRD PERSON POV

After the award show, the boys skipped the after-party and instead went to start a livestream during which Jungkook annoyed the hell out of Taehyung by interrupting him every time he tried speaking during his individual shot. But well, Jungkook was way too cute for Taehyung to be truly upset at him and he was used to the younger's playful behaviour by now, anyway.

The next few days had been spent with interviews and appearances on TV shows, which they all mostly enjoyed though it proved to be rather tiring. At the moment, they were boarding the plane to get back to Korea.

They had all missed their home country, so it was a relief to go back. Most of them started chattering about what food they would be eating first the instant they land in South Korea.

For Taehyung as well, things were going just fine. In fact, he was mostly relieved to be going back since Haesoo wouldn't be there in Korea. He wouldn't have to get envious over her interactions with the youngest member.

With that thought in mind and a satisfied smile plastered on his lips, he slumped into his seat by the window, waiting for the plane to take off. Some of the boys were still talking about their trip to the US but he had already tuned them out thanks to his earphones which were blaring a song that he used to listen to a lot before but had forgotten all about as time had gone by.

This made him somewhat nostalgic. Actually, that's what this voyage in time made him feel most of the time. Sure enough, it was a stressful deal and a handful to handle properly but there were many moments which were majorly enjoyable and he was glad to be able to experience them again.

Even before the whole thing about Jungkook's wedding, Taehyung had multiple times wished he could go back in time. Not to change anything, but to live some moments again. Moments that had fleeted by so quickly that he never had the chance to really grasp them. Moments that he should have cherished more. Moments whose worth he only realised when they had already gone by. Moments that made his heart swell with happiness.

It was so unreal that he would get the chance to live all of those again. However, you can't get a rainbow without some rain and Taehyung was very well aware of that. He was very well aware that with the joyful moments, he would have to go through the sorrowful ones again as well.

He wondered whether there was anything he could prevent from happening. Any unnecessary incident that caused them great sadness that he could avoid. But then, the thought also occurred to him that changing one thing in the past might change a lot more in the future. What if he ended up aggravating the situation instead of alleviating it?

"So you think it worked?" A voice came from beside Taehyung, startling him a little.

"What worked?" He asked, eyebrows furrowing while trying to get an idea of what his best friend was talking about.

"Keeping Haesoo noona away from Jungkook. Do you see any difference from what it was like in your memories, I mean are they as close as they used to be or does it look like the lack of interaction has had an effect on their closeness?" Jimin enquired, trying to phrase his question in the most coherent way possible.

Taehyung didn't even have to think a lot before replying. The difference was so apparent that it made him smile widely just thinking about it. "It made a huge difference!" He exclaimed.

"Like, for example, right now, Jungkook would've been on his phone texting her all the time but now, he doesn't even have her number 'cause they've not gotten that close enough to exchange numbers and that really says a lot about the effectiveness of this plan! Honestly, I never thought I would ever say this but, Jiminie, you're a genius!"