CHAPTER 12

Important note: I know if you've watched Scarlet Heart, you'll have this tendency of portraying Haesoo as IU but pls keep in mind that she is not IU in this book. I just chose this name because I really liked it. I'm gonna say it again: Haesoo in this fanfic is NOT IU!

TAEHYUNG'S POV

Time flew by pretty quickly and before any of us realised, it was already November. More precisely, the 18th of November. That is, the day we were supposed to be flying to America.

Everyone was excited to get in the plane which would take off shortly. The noisy chatter that had begun since we left home didn't come to an end. All the members were talking about how they couldn't believe what was happening while I thought the same about my situation.

2 months had passed since the incident and yet I could not believe I had really travelled 3 years back. It still felt like a dream, or rather a nightmare though it was much better than seeing Jungkook get married and not being able to do anything about it.

To be honest, I had not made any progress so far. Jimin kept urging me to be bolder, going even as far as telling me to flirt with Jungkook which I refused to do. It just seemed so out of character and I was scared that the younger might feel weirded out by my behaviour if I did.

Speaking of the brunette, I saw him taking a seat next to Namjoon hyung. "I wonder who we'll be meeting there!" He exclaimed, a bunny smile plastered to his face. I knew he was referring to the celebrities we would meet but I couldn't help thinking about the one person that would change everything.

I wondered whether I should keep him from meeting her but it would be inevitable as she was our stylist during the event. And even if I did keep her away for that night, she would end up working for our company in the next few months. I sighed, not knowing what I should do.

"Taehyung! You've been unusually quiet lately. Aren't you excited to perform at the AMAs?" Hoseok hyung asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Everyone's attention was focused on me as I forced out a smile and replied, "I am, it's just that I've not been getting much sleep lately. Don't worry about me, I'm just tired."

They nodded and resumed their conversation. "Are you worried because he's going to meet her?" I heard a voice asking softly beside me. I jumped a little in my seat. I was so absorbed in my thoughts earlier that I had failed to notice Jimin sitting beside me.

I nodded. It was useless trying to hide anything from Jimin since he was already aware of everything. "It's gonna be alright, don't worry," he assured, giving me a comforting smile. I simply nodded once again and allowed myself to be transported to dreamland.

Some long hours later, Jimin woke me up, saying we had arrived. It was already night time and after getting our luggage, we headed to the hotel we would be staying at. I entered my hotel room but didn't feel like sleeping since I had just done so for several hours. Instead, I decided to take a stroll around the hotel.

While walking around, I heard the sound of footsteps running towards me. I turned around and was met with the one boy that manages to make my heart race with the simplest things he does. He smiled and approached me. "Hyung, what are you doing here at this hour?" He asked.

"Just thought of walking around since I'm not sleepy. I slept during the whole flight," I explained and he nodded. "What about you?"

"Same thing," he smiled. "Mind if I join you?" I shook my head and we walked in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before I decided to break it.

"Nervous for tomorrow?" I asked.

"It's the day after tomorrow," he corrected. I looked at him, confused. The award show is on the 19th, isn't it?