Chapter 36: Dreams

I do not own KnB

Kuroko didn't say anything about what the doctor said to him ever since then. He never wants to talk about it at all. It only making him more depressed and hopeless. The doctor has informed to the others about Kuroko's decision which they protest at first. They try to persuade Kuroko to cancel back his decision but every time they talked about this, Kuroko will become emo and start to ignore everyone. They have no other choice but to agree although they are rebelling inside.

Kuroko knows he has made his friends sad, but he doesn't want to have a false hope by depending on the surgery only. Although he doesn't want to die and he not ready yet on accepting his illness, he too has no other choice but to accepts his fate to die with this illness. He just hopes he able to live his life fully before the time comes.

In the end, his friends never again mention about the surgery. It's just like their decision on that never happened. They just enjoy every moment they have with Kuroko. No one ever showing their sadness anymore in order to avoid Kuroko to feel depressed or sad. In weekdays, they will eat together for lunch and dinner. When weekends come, they will gather in Kuroko's room with games. Day by day, Kuroko has learned to know them well. Although he has lost his old memory, he just needs to learn and add them as new. With everyone helps, he able to do it in a short time. He feels thankful for his friend's effort and by having them by his side, he never feel lonely. Maybe this is what his old self felt before. How precious they are to him.

Two weeks later.

"Is he still sleeping?" Ogiwara asks as he enters the hospital room with a bucket of fruits inside of it.

"Ouss" Kagami greets as he follows Ogiwara entering the room.

"Oh, Ogiwara-kun, Kagami-kun, Ohayo. Yeah. He usually a morning person but not today. However, he looks peaceful, though. I'm wondering what he is dreaming about" Akashi replies.

"You can't tell? Usually, you could. The Emperor eyes" Kagami says as he points at his eyes.

"Well. That ability has long gone. That's my second personality's ability, not mine" Akashi replies calmly.

"No wonder I never saw you use it recently," Ogiwara says as he puts the bucket on the table.

"Yeah, I can't give him the control again, although he saved me several times. I don't want to waste my time with Kuroko-kun" Akashi says.

"Time huh?" Kagami mumbles.

"If I have the power to stop the time, I will make our time last forever with Kuroko by our side" Kagami looks a bit depress all of sudden. He knows. No.. Everyone knows that time is ticking too fast and the day they fear of, will come without them even realising. The silent killer disease. Although they can laugh together now, there's always the possibility they will cry later. Just like the previous time. Everything happens all of sudden. No warning bells at all.

Ogiwara takes his seat next to Kuroko's bed and softly brushes the blue sky hair with his hand.

Kuroko giggles in his sleep.

Ogiwara smiles warmly. "Just what are you dreaming off, Kuroko-kun?"

.

.

.

.

"Mine-chin. Hurry up. You're so slow" Murasakibara complains to Aomine who have trouble in setting up the television.

"Shut up. Why are you so relax there?! Help me here if you want it so fast!" Aomine replies with annoying looks.

"Popcorns ready!" Kise announces at the counter of the kitchen.