Chapter 8 : Acceptance

Disclaimer: I own nothing from KnB except the plot of this fandom.

Beta Reader: RazenshiaSapphire08

---------

Kuroko's hospital room being filled by both of Kiseki no Sedai and Seirin members now except for Seirin coach, Riko and Kiseki no Sedai captain, Akashi, who are currently going to see the doctor after they have been called to talk about Kuroko's CT scan result. Kise was also not there, he doesn't show up ever since the day he knows that Kuroko is still mad at him. No one could contact him.

As all of them are talking with each other, suddenly the door opens; revealing Riko and Akashi. Both of them slowly walking in and stood next to Kuroko's bed. The others eyeing them, waiting for something or more specific information that the doctor had already told them about Kuroko's condition.

"So, what the doctor have said? What is the result?" Aomine asked them suddenly.

Riko just staring at the floor with unreadable expression meanwhile for Akashi, he is looking at Kuroko with a sad look.

"Akashi-kun, is everything okay?" Kuroko asked, raising a bit his right eyebrow with his innocent face.

Akashi bit his lips a little, he didn't know how to speak about the bad news but his face still maintains calm.

"I need you to hear me well as I am going to tell you what have the doctor said to us," Akashi said with full seriousness. Kuroko gulps in nervous.

"Tetsuya.." Before Akashi could say anything, something stops him, it was Riko. Riko pulling his sleeve and looking at him with a sad look and shake her head in disagreement.

"He needs to know the truth," Akashi stated as he looks back at Kuroko. The others got a bad feeling about this; they start to feel nervous just like how Kuroko is. Everyone on the room is focusing on Akashi now.

"Tetsuya, the doctor have detected a small lump in your brain stem, he has declared that you are having a brain cancer. Stage 4." Akashi exclaimed with a serious tone yet it was a sad one.

All of them gasped in horror.

"You gotta be kidding me! No way Kuroko had a brain cancer!" Kagami shouted as he pulls Akashi's collar shirt roughly.

"I am not kidding at all if it was involving Tetsuya's health. Do I look like I'm joking around here?" Akashi said with a glare at Kagami.

"He was speaking the truth, that was the doctor really have told us and he has shown us the CT scan of Kuroko's head and we saw it, the tumour. "Riko said with a trembling voice while looking at the ground once again.

The room became silent.

"Is it? Maybe that is why I feel sicker lately. I can accept it, guys, don't be that shock" Kuroko said as he looks at his friends with a small smile, try to reassure his friends that he is okay with it.

"Tetsu, you didn't hear it wrong, right? You are having a brain tumour! It is not a simple matter; it might take your life away." Aomine shouted in anger, he just couldn't accept what have he heard just now and how his once best friend acceptance about it. It looks like the bluenette already giving up his life.

"Dai-kun is right, why are saying like that Tetsu-kun, Do you want to leave me behind? Do you want to give up your basketball?" Satsuki said with tears flowing down her face.

Kuroko bit his lips.

"I am not going to give up; I know I can be saved. I have my faith in the doctor. I also need you guys so that I can keep on fighting this illness. So, please don't cry, Momoi-san" Kuroko said as he wipes Satsuki's tears with his thumb.