𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑦 𝑛 𝑖 𝑛 𝑒

(a/n: fuck it, this is the end! goodbye <3)
- Cassandra (Cassie)'s pov
- 2883 words
- May 25th 2022, Graduation Day <3

...

There's something so overwhelming satisfying when you are sitting in the crowd of graduating students, wearing a cap and gown, with your diploma in hand.

My hands have not stopped shaking since I walked onto the stage and took the diploma that was handed to me, and I know I'm supposed to be relieved, and I truly am, but I'm also nervous. A little anxious too.

Julia sighs comfortably before she rests her hand on my shoulder, while Hailey drags her fingers around my knuckles. There's this really shitty stick and poke tattoo where's she touching on.

Julia tried to do an apple a few days ago with a needle and some ink, but it came out weird.

It also got a little infected, but the doctors got it figured out. It's fine now.

"And finally, last but certainly not least.." Principal Li speaks into the mic. "..Roger Xenakis."

With that, the entire garden is overwhelmed with sounds of clapping and cheers of happiness and support by graduating students. "Roger will be enrolling into the University of Chicago in Illinois this upcoming fall semester." He continues, pausing to shake Roger's hand and hand him his diploma. "Nice job."

"Congratulations." Vice Principal Stan cheeses, shaking his hand before Roger walks off the stage, excitedly waving to his mom.

It's silent, only a little chatter here and there before Principal Li leans into mic once again. "Again, Congratulations to the Class of 2022-"

He barely gets his words out until everyone is cheering again, jumping out of their seats excitedly.

"We're graduates! We did it!" Julia jumps up and down throwing herself into my arms when I stand up.

"Nah, for real.. we did it!" Chris laughs, mocking her tone of voice, joining in on the hug.

Then we're just jumping around like little kids. "Guys, how cool is this shit, like what the fuck?" Christiana screams excitedly, squirming her way into the group hug. "Look at us, my god like holy shit! Oh, god.. I'm going puke.." She trails off, backing up a little.

Regardless of her nearly about to puke on us, I'm really happy Christiana managed to make it the graduation ceremony. Feels like I haven't seen her in forever.

Julia groans. "Not on my shoes, Tia.."

"You okay?" Chris asks, placing a hand on her shoulder and slowly she looks up from the ground, nodding a little. "Yeah, no, I-I'm fine.. I'm good."

"Hey!" Reign calls and I turn around, watching as she waves for us to come to her all the way on the other side of the garden. "My mom wants a few pictures. All you guys, c'mere for a second,"

And that's basically how the next two hours go. We're drinking on root beer floats, then taking pictures with people we've barely know just for the sake of taking pictures, and we're talking with people we've only held a conversation with once just for the sake of talking and looking back on memeories.

Right now we're all in parking lot basically having a tailgate party, and I'm especially happy because I'm finally getting to rev the engine to foreign exchange student's, Gunther Mohr's, 2021 Mazda. It's such a sexy car. "How much did you say you paid for this?" I ask, glancing up at him. "Nearly fifty thousand?"