𝒇 𝒐 𝒓 𝒕 𝒚 𝒕 𝒘 𝒐

chapter forty two

Cassandra,

My phone tells me the date is August 31st and the time reads Ten Thirty-Three PM.

Jalen ended up picking me up because Yara's car was too full, and I didn't really have a problem with driving in Jalen's old school mustang anyway. It kinda smells like vapor rub and old man cologne in here, but I kinda liked it. The party just started and I can tell from where I'm leaning against Malik's car in front of the house that it's packed. The music was bumping. There's loud drunk teenagers drinking, smoking, laughing, and conversing. I didn't recognize any of they ass and to me that sounds like a good ass reason to just go back to the hotel and snack on some overpriced vending machine food. Jalen glanced up at me after being on his phone for the last ten minutes and asked if I was cool.

I gave him a soft 'yeah' as an answer and stared out the front windshield.

"It's gonna be aight. We gon turn up, get drunk, all that shit." He smiles at me and I return it back weakly. We get out, Jalen daps up Kash, Axel, and Malik when they step out Yara's trackhawk and gives Yara, Demi, and Rosie hugs and I do the same. They talk for a lil minute and I get lost as names get discussed that I'm not familiar with. Something about a boy named Kristen, somebody named Riley, some drug dealer with a monkey, the boy who party this is, Isaiah. I don't really know so I just zone out and think about random things..

"Yo skirt is really pretty," Yara smiles and I look up at her with a smile before self consciously dusting the skirt off.

"You look like a pretty ass goth bitch." She giggles and I roll my eyes playfully. "Thank you," I reply, fiddling with one of the loose chains on the skirt.

"Ay, remember who had it bad for goth bitches?" Malik asks with a boyish smile and I raise an eyebrow.

"You bet not." Demi glares at him and his smile gets bigger.

"Hailey." He says simply after a while causing Demi, Yara, and Rosie to groan.

"Leave my good sis outta this." Rosie says and Malik shrugs. "You can't lie and say she didn't. Yo good sis was obsessed." He drags out the word obsessed.

"Her ass went crazy for a minute." Kash laughs softly.

"Her ass went crazy? Nigga, she was chasing the crazies." Jalen scoffs.

"Remember Tatum?"

"Omg, hell nah, we used to call her ass talcum powder!" Rosie laughs.

"Wasn't she the one who had that electrocution kink?" Demi questions and Yara shakes her head.

"Nah, that was Nicki. Tatum had this weird ass thing for getting beat up."

I wish the fuck I would...

"That's why they stopped dating?" I asked.

"No, they never dated. Hailey's first girlfriend was Bridget, then you were the second. All those other girls were just things to entertain her for a lil while but they never went any farther than talking and I don't know why we talking about this in front of you.." Demi trails off awkwardly.

"It's okay. I don't really care too much." I shrug and I believe my statement one hundred percent because I really don't mind.

"But that still is mad disrespectful with what y'all had going on." Jalen says and I just shrug.

Sometimes that's all you can do. Shrug.

That or nod.

Only when I don't know what to say next.

𝐈'𝐝 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐈𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐞On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara