𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑦 𝑓 𝑜 𝑢 𝑟

cassandra's pov
(i'd believe it twice) - chapter 74
((March 31st 2022))

When I got out the hospital the first thing I did was get late night ice cream with Hailey.

I got strawberry on a waffle cone with peanuts and hot fudge, while Hailey got Mango flavored shaved Ice since the Ice cream place didn't have vegan options.

"Can I taste it?" I asked, when I looked over at her as she licked shaved ice off of her spoon. She was making it look really good.

"I mean.. if you taste, I die." She said, looking me over and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Hailey-" I started but she just handed me over the cup, almost challenging me to taste it. "Fuck it, go ahead then bae.."

I remember looking between her and cup for a long ass time before I finally reached for it and she let out this overly loud shriek, pulling the cup outta my reach. "Baby, what the fuck are you doing?!"

"Getting the ice cream? You literally just told me I could." I looked at her like she was stupid and a smile started to play on her lips as she tilted her head to the side.

"So, if you eat it from my spoon, and then I eat it after you eat it, then I'll be eating peanuts kinda, right?"

And then it all started to make sense 'cause oh, my god, I almost gave this girl an allergic reaction. "Wow, you were just gonna let me do that?!" I groaned causing her to laugh a bit when I hit her upside the head. "I mean, you must wanna die or something."

"I mean.. I wouldn't mind it," She told me lowly and my smile dropped as I let her words soak in a bit.

I remember letting my body sink myself into the seat as I looked at my Ice cream with sad eyes. "You didn't have to say that.." I trailed off softly.

"Okay, okay," She rushed out quickly, making that noise with her tongue and kissing me on the forehead. "I'm sorry, okay? It was a joke. he akaaka, aloha" She had added when my frown didn't go away.

When she speaks in Hawaiian it always makes me smile. Fantasia says that how Duke always got her. She says that how he still manages to get her. I think it gets me because it sounds pretty coming out of her mouth. Or maybe it's because I have no idea what she's saying.. "e kala mai iaʻu" Hailey mumbled as she took my hand in hers. "I'm super sorry, Cassandra."

And when I ran my fingers over her cold metal rings, I had eased up a bit. "Yeah, it's fine.. it's okay,"

And it started off as a pretty nice weekend because of that. Mainly because the doctors concluded that I didn't have no serious type of illness and just ended up diagnosing me with a Middle ear infection, but mainly because of the Ice cream. Sometimes I'm just a lil too easy to please.

Anyway, I'm back at Ray's house in my room looking over all the assignments I missed while I was in the hospital.

How do you think people would react if the moon disappeared? Write a full page essay that explains your answer and a reason behind it. Feel free to use sources from the internet and be prepared to turn it in by tomorrow! All the best, Mr. Redd :)

"I don't think people would be upset about it," Hailey mumbles a response when I ask her the question, as she throws the ball against the wall before catching it, and throwing it again. She's been doing this for almost ten minutes.

"People would like to think they'd care but they really wouldn't. Y'know the saying, bae, it goes - you don't know what you have until it's gone, and in this case - you really wouldn't even care if it was gone because you truly never cared in the first place."