𝑡 𝑤 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑦 𝑛 𝑖 𝑛 𝑒

Chapter twenty nine

Cassandra pov

It's two in the morning and we're standing in an almost vacant grassy venue in front of a taco truck waiting for the cooks to call our order. Hailey sitting on the hood of her white BMW i8, staring at nothing, her eyes are unfocused and teary. She's been quiet ever since we got on the highway. I told her I was hungry, she asked what I wanted to eat and I told her I didn't know. She ended up pulling into this empty space and parking a few feet away from this taco truck. I ordered a Torta and she ended up ordering a vegan burrito.

"Order number seventeen!" One of the workers inside the truck called out. I glanced at my ticket, I was number sixteen.

Me and Hailey were the only two people here so it had to be her's.

Hailey stood up and walked over to the truck bringing her backpack along with her.

"That'll be seven dollars and ninety five cents." I heard the worker mutter.

Hailey pulled out a twenty dollar bill, gave it to the man, he gave her the burrito, and she went back to the car, slamming the car door behind herself. Then he called my number. I walked over and gave him the money, and he proceeded to give me my change and my Torta. I thanked him a smile, and got into the car. I glanced over at Hailey and tears were running down her face. I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's the matter?" I asked.

What could have made her upset in this short amount of time?

"It's a m-mood swing. I'm a-alright, it's okay." Her eye twitched, and it sounded as if she was trying to convince her herself that she was alright and not me. She hit herself in the chest, and let out a soft 'ouch' in response to it. "Fuck! Fuck! I don't need a..." She trailed off and her head twitched to the side again. "Fuck!" The way her head moved to fast kinda scared me, it was reminding me of whiplash.

I knew better than to question what that was about...

Tourette's Syndrome.

I remember seeing it engraved on her bracelet that night.

Along with ADHD, Chronic Depression, PANDAS Disorder, and her being at risk for self harm. I didn't what PANDAS disorder so I made a mental note to search it up later when I got the opportunity. Maybe if I make an effort to learn about it, if she's going threw something and PANDAS is the cause of it, it might be helpful if I know what to do in that situation.

I glance over at Hailey again and I see her eyes are following something around.

The thing is there's nothing there.

I don't see anything.

Is she seeing something I can't?

She starts to mumble something under her breath and I'm just sitting there.

I don't know what to do.

I don't what's going on.

"I can't d-drive, C-cassandra, I can't d-drive."

Huh?

"You can't drive?" I asked.

Her head twitched over to the side and she started to blink repeatedly. "I'm having a tic attack, i-it's probably just...FUCK! It's probably... Fuck! You dumb fucker!" She covered her mouth and shut her eyes, trying to stop the words from spewing out her mouth. She let her hand go but it did no good. "Shit, shit, shit.." The words trailed off and Hailey cleared her throat. "Um, yeah, it's probably just stress." Hailey mumbled her voice going back to normal, but the tics weren't stopping.