𝑠 𝑒 𝑣 𝑒 𝑛 𝑡 𝑦 𝑒 𝑖 𝑔 ℎ 𝑡

May 18th 2022 - Prom <3
Cassie *Cassandra's pov -

"I just don't understand." Hailey frowned slightly, staring back at her reflection as she stands in front of my mirror. "You told me Ray would just be taking a couple of pictures of us.." She mumbled out all soft like, starting to rub her arms up in down, a obvious sign of uncomfortableness. "Your whole fuckin' family is outside, that's so.. weird considering what we talked about,"

"Yeah, but Hailey I asked you a ton of times and you told me you didn't mind if we had a send off." I tell her and she scoffs.

"I was tired, off medication, and it was three in the fuckin' morning." She continues after awhile. "I just.. don't think I would have said 'yes' if I knew." She trails off and I just sigh, going back to moisturize my arms with the peach smelling lotion.

"Hailey.. what's the matter-"

"It's.. so fuckin' ugly." She chokes out suddenly, taking a seat on the bed, breathing in deeply. "I don't wanna do this shit. I don't wanna do this, Cassandra."

"T-that's fine, we don't even have to." I tell her, rushing to the other side of the bed in an attempt to comfort her, not even considering the fact I'm easily agreeing to just not go to prom.

I can't help but feel weak in the knees in the worst way possible 'cause why would I even say something like that without finding out what's wrong first?

God, I need to stand up..

"Why don't you wanna do this?" I ask, rubbing her back and she sniffles, using her arm to wipe her face.

"My arms.. they just look weird to me, I guess," And I can't lie and say I'm not confused for that quick second after those words leave her mouth 'cause why would she even think they look weird? But then I glance down at her arms and the realization hits me like a truck.

Like, so hard my heart literally drops. "Hailey," I aw, letting my hand land on her shoulder, taking a sit next to her. "You.. it doesn't look how you think, okay?"

She shakes her head, running over a finger over a particular vertical scar that goes straight down her arm. "I-I'm sorry," Her voice cracks, a tear dripping down her cheek and I immediately engulf her into a hug. "No, Hailey, look it's fine. It's okay. You don't have to cry." I assure her, rocking us sideways.

"I don't wanna make this about me, this is your day. I.. it's just hard lookin at 'em sometimes," She chuckles sadly, hiccuping at bit as she clicks her teeth. "Like, this stupid reminder that I can't do shit right."

"No, you do so much stuff right, okay?" I pull away, grabbing both sides of my face to really look at her.

"Jiyu, you do so much stuff right. You do it excellently. Not to mention how smart, and beautiful you are. And yeah, I completely understand why you feel like it's a bad reminder of that terrible period you've gone through, but it can also be a reminder of what you can overcome. I bet one one day you're gonna be so fuckin' proud of how far you've come, 'cause you truly have." I finish and she nods slowly before I let go of her face and pull her back into a hug. "You're so amazing."

She giggles slightly. "I'm nothing compared to you."

"You're everything," I mumble. We hold each other for awhile and I really take the time to look at the scars on her arms.