Chapter 29 : I'd plan a super glue incident

This chapter is dedicated to my good friend bezza_99 for being a dedicated trooper with this book and constantly reading it, no matter what.  She also writes her own amazing book which is on her profile so everyone should go and read it!  Love you Megan :)

Chapter 29 : I'd plan a super glue incident

"I miss her."

Hayden's chest rumbled as he spoke, his hand flowing through my hair. His other arm was wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to his body. My head was resting on his chest, one of my legs slung over his.

"I know, Hayden, we all do," I comforted him, tracing patterns on his chest.

It was the day of the funeral, Toby had organised it quickly and with the hospitals help the funeral was ready within a week. Hayden was still wearing the grey jogging bottoms and black t shirt he had slept in, I on the other hand was already dressed in my black dress.

The funeral was starting in 15 minutes.

"You need to start getting ready," I told him, sitting up.

"Just 5 more minutes," he pouted, holding onto my wrist.

"No, Hayden, get ready," I said exasperated, standing up and pulling on his foot.

It didn't work.

It soon turned into tug of war, I was holding onto Hayden's foot, clinging on with all my weight. Hayden didn't move an inch.

"You're so weak," Hayden laughed, before he lifted his leg up and my feet flew of the floor. I let go of his foot and fell to the floor, pretending to be dead.

Hayden laughed until I didn't get up. I saw him sit up through the little gap under my eyelid.

"Brooke," I could hear the worry in his voice until I heard the pattering of his footsteps and he was leaning over me.

"Brooke? Baby, wake up, please," hearing his voice crack put an end to my joke. I opened my eyes and began laughing, Hayden just sighed, putting his face in his hands.

"I can't believe you, do you know how worried I was?"

I instantly stopped laughing when I heard the annoyance in his voice. Sitting up, I put my hand his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Hayden."

No response.

"Hayden?"

Still no response.

"I really am sorry."

This time he turned to face me, his face deadly serious.

Until it broke out in a grin.
"You idiot," I said slapping his chest weakly. It had no effect on Hayden though, he just grabbed my wrists, pulling me closer to him. His gaze dropped down to my lips then to my eyes, they made the journey several times before he began to inch his face closer. Just as his lips were about to reach mine he ruined it.

"I need to get ready."

"I actually hate you right now," I groaned.

Hayden chuckled, "no you don't, you love me," he said, mimicking a girls voice.

"I do not sound like that."

"I never said you did, you were the one that thought it sounded like you to defend it," Hayden smirked, pulling his t shirt over his head and grabbing a white shirt from his walk in wardrobe.

"You are unbelievable," I said, walking out of the room, planning on waiting downstairs.

"You love it," was the last thing I heard Hayden shout before I was out of the room.