Chapter 2 : I like your approach, now let's see your departure

The sun shone brightly through my bedroom window causing me to squint as I drifted into consciousness. I looked around the room. My new bedroom. My suitcase was opened messily, where I'd tried to find my PJ's in a rush last night. My clothes were discarded on the floor. The walls were plain white, yet to be decorated and the carpet was a cream colour with flecks of colouring it. There were three doors off the bedroom, one led to an en-suite bathroom, another to a walk in wardrobe and the final one to the hall outside - I'd discovered that last night. We hadn't bothered moving any of our old furniture over here so I had a new double bed - which was very comfy - and a desk. A mirror was hung on the wall and a dressing table sat beside it. I'd only been here around twelve hours and I already liked my room better than my old one.

I eventually managed to pull myself out of bed, deciding to look around the house. It was fairly warm so I dug around in my suitcase for a pair of high waisted shorts and a flowery tank top, slipping them on - deciding to unpack later.

I went downstairs and managed to find myself some food - thank the lord! My mum and dad must have gone shopping before I woke up. I poured myself a bowl of cereal and munched on it - dry, how I liked it.

There was a note on the kitchen surface letting me and my brothers know that my parents had gone to 'explore' in their words. I left the note there for my brothers, knowing they wouldn't be awake until the afternoon - yes, they were that lazy.

When we arrived in Sunnyvale last night, it was late and dark, in a haste to get to bed I hadn't actually seen the house and that's what I intended to do today.

I started on the bottom floor, there was a large hallway area by the front door. The staircase was the main feature here, in the middle of the hallway. Around the walls, there were doors which led off to different rooms: the kitchen, the living room, the dining room and utility room. As well as a games room and bathroom, a final door led through to the garage.

I continued up the stairs to the middle floor - there were less rooms on this floor but they were all noticeably bigger. This included my room, my parents room, a guest bedroom and a bathroom.

On the final floor there was both of my brother's bedrooms, a final guest bedroom and another bathroom. This house was huge!

From the window on the top floor I could see the garden, it had a small river water feature flowing through it, ending at a swimming pool as a waterfall. I squealed mentally, I'd always wanted a swimming pool.

I had nothing better to do so I decided to unpack my things.

I arranged all my clothes in my walk in wardrobe, I placed my special photo frame on my bedside cabinet and then slid my empty suitcase under my bed. At that moment my mum walked into the room.

"Hi, mum," I greeted her.

She smiled back at me in return before speaking to me.
" You start school tomorrow, Brooke," I groaned internally the thought, "I was thinking we could go and get you some school stuff and get some lunch whilst we're at it."

I nodded in reply, grabbing my converse and slipping them on.
"Sure, I'm ready to go now."

"Ok let's go," she replied ushering me through the door.

-----------------------------

Taking a deep breath and clutching my backpack tighter I stepped towards Fremont High School slowly. I'd never been in an American high school, only ever read about them, I was curious to see if they were as they were described in the books but at the same time I was absolutely petrified. I was starting a new school during my senior year, half way through and it was no doubt to me that everybody would already have their close knit group of friends.