Chapter 24 : She had enough money on her to end world hunger

Surprise! Enjoy this chapter of early-ness. :)
Zoe

Chapter 24 : She had enough money on her to end world hunger

I woke up the next day with a smile on my face. Hayden hadn't asked for his hoodie back and so naturally I had kept it, sleeping throughout the night with Hayden's scent surrounding me. I got up slowly, taking a shower and getting ready for my day in school.

Hayden picked me up for school, arriving on his motorcycle rather than his car because, and I quote, 'he liked having my arms around him'. We arrived at school and Hayden pulled his motorcycle into his usual parking space next to Toby's car. As soon as I hopped off his motorcycle all eyes of the loitering people in the car park were on us. Hayden noticed this, taking my hand in his and pecking my lips gently before leading me into school. Girls looked at me with envy and others with adoration, it was strange.

Hayden let me stop at my locker quickly before he guided me to Toby's locker where all his friends seemed to congregate in the morning before the first bell rang. Mason smirked at Hayden as we approached hand in hand and when we reached them Mason pulled me away from Hayden, throwing his arm casually over my shoulders. He brought his lips down to my ear.

"Just go with it," he whispered. Confused, I looked at him but Mason simply nodded his head at Hayden and when I saw him talking to Toby but glancing worriedly at Mason and I every 5 seconds I understood. When Mason moved behind me, draping his arms over my shoulder and interlacing his fingers in front of me, Hayden grabbed my wrist, pulling me out of Mason's arms and into his own.

"Dude, mine," Hayden growled at Mason. Mason faked shock for a second before he burst out laughing along with the rest of the boys. Realising they had planned it, Hayden glared at them all, punching the nearest to him which happened to be Aaron.

"Hey," he whined, pouting at Hayden.

"I'm sorry, babe," Hayden laughed, pulling Aaron towards him by the back of his neck and planting a kiss on his forehead. At that action Aaron sent a victorious smirk my way.

"Hayden, we can't let your girlfriend find out we're dating, I wouldn't normally encourage cheating but you're extra special," Aaron whispered loud enough so that we could all hear him. Hayden laughed, his eyes crinkling up as he slapped Aaron on the shoulder before walking over to me. He leant down and kissed me quickly on the lips before wrapping his hands around my shoulders and resting his chin on the top of my head.

"How sweet."

Hayden's arms tightened around me at the voice and the other boys groaned in annoyance as Elliott was shoved to the side as Tori and her two sidekicks, Madison and Ashley, stepped into the circle.

"Brooke," she smiled at me, although it was so obviously fake, like the rest of her appearance. As usual she was dressed to perfection in her designer labels, if you could even call her dressed and her make up was caked on, making her face look orange.

She had enough money on her to end world hunger.

"I have a question for you," she said in her high pitched voice, "do you enjoy stealing other girl's boyfriends?"

"Tori," Hayden growled, his fists clenching around me. I stood up straighter not showing Tori the effect she had over me.

"Oh, look at that, you even get him to fight your own battles for you, he really is your perfect little lap dog," she sneered at me, taking a step closer to me and Hayden. Aaron and Toby stood alert at her stepping closer, getting ready to step in if she attacked.

I seriously hoped she didn't.

"You'd know all about that wouldn't you?" I asked her innocently. She narrowed her eyes at me.